Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items

This is a discussion on Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was at my local gun range monthly meeting and one of the class 3 dealers in town said that the ATF is apparently looking ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Bump Fire stocks may be regulated as class 3 items

I was at my local gun range monthly meeting and one of the class 3 dealers in town said that the ATF is apparently looking at classifying the SSAR 15 stocks as class 3 items since they can't ban them they are just going to hevily restrict them since they work so good.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Doesn't surprise me in the wake of Auroa shooting and Holmes didn't use a bump-fire stock. Can you imagine how nuts the anti-gunners would be if Holmes had used one on his AR-15 during the shooting? Many of them would be outraged enough that such a thing exsists to make an AR -15 "full auto." But then again many of them think those evil black rifles are already are full auto so what is the difference?

Might as well cut the fingers off people who like to rapidly pull the trigger on semiautos. Thoes are full auto assault fingers!
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Leave it to the government to ban a wobbly stock.
    Ionracas, rigel42, mano3 and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Never been the slightest bit interested in them anyways...
    Dutch1951 and The Old Anglo like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member
    Well live and learn. I didn't know that these existed though it took just a moment to understand why somebody would come up with the idea. But with a longer period of thought I still can't understand why someone would spend their money on one. Oh well, back to my coffee.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I want one. I love to shoot piles of ammo inaccurately LOL
    accessbob, JoeK and pgrass101 like this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Saw this coming a long time ago.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

It looks like a fun to thing for a buddy to buy and me to shoot once or twice!

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    I've been trying to talk a friend of mine into getting one for his AK. Simply because when I told him about it his eyes got really big and he laughed. A lot. Of course it serves no real purpose other than just to be a lot of fun- mag dumps once or twice a range trip would be awesome.

But, again, no practical purpose. It's kinda like getting a 33rnd Glock magazine, or a 15 rounds magazine for your 1911- you don't need it, but you need it.

I can understand why the government would want to regulate it- since they regulate suppressors and full auto weapons. ...but they don't do a very good job regulating driver's licences, and stupid people's procreation...

Eh, oh well.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

My buddy has one on his AR. And surprisingly it is VERY accurate and VERY controllable. We timed it, if we had an unlimited amount of ammo, we could get off around 900 rounds a minute.

By restricting drum mags and bump stocks, they may produce the unwanted effect of making the nut jobs use better equipment and increase their body counts
    DrahtDog, mlr1m and kb2wji like this.

I find he back pedaling to be amusing. Not sure of other brands but Slidefire Solutions comes with a letter from the ATF stating that this is an unrestriced item. Essentialy (as we all know) it is no different than rapidly pulling the trigger.

I would love to try one out but my range has an assortment of full autos so really bumpfire has no use to me. Frankly Im not really interested in full auto simply because the cost to shoot coupled with more desire to just shoot it vs challengine myself to accuratley hit the target.

I digress though, like any pro 2A guy all I have left to say is, "shall not be infringed!"
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

When humpity-bumpity stocks are outlawed, only OUTLAWS will have humpity-bumpity stocks. I knew this was coming the moment I fired a friend's SSAR 15. Leave it to the ATF to allow written permission for someone to invent, develop, invest, market, manufacture, sell & distribute a high-quality, well-engineered, popular new American product...and only THEN decide to change their mind and require Class 3 registration. Federal regulations are STOMPING the LIFE out of any entrepreneurial spirit that dares to draw a breath in this country. It's no wonder that the smart money is moving away to nations that promote innovative private enterprise. Ray Crock & Sam Walton could have never built McDonalds (calorie guidelines) or Walmart (trade restrictions) under today's unrelenting, nanny-goat governmental supervision. This SSAR thing is just a micro-snapshot of a macro-ecomonic disaster that's contributing to the decline of a once powerful business SUPERPOWER...us.
    thephanatik, mprp, Jeff F and 4 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I want one. I love to shoot piles of ammo inaccurately LOL
    They are actually pretty accurate for burst,since other bump fire methods work shooting from the hip instead of firing from the shoulder.I have access to several real FA guns that I don't have to "rent" just supply the ammo,between an M16 and the bump fire stock they group about the same with short bursts,the difference is the M16 just pull the trigger,the bump fire you push the forearm forward with enough pressure to keep it cycling,I'm sure if you shot it enough to develope muscle memory in the process it wouldn't be a whole lot different from a FA M16/M4 and I'm pretty sure the ATF has caught heat from a lot of Police Chiefs/Sheriffs that don't like us to have AR15/AK47 style weapons in the first place
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links