Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?)

This is a discussion on Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by stroguy I only saw one guy talking. Do the police get to defend themselves? What good reason do you think they can ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?)

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I only saw one guy talking. Do the police get to defend themselves?
    What good reason do you think they can use to defend themselves?

1. They didn't like what he was doing? (bad reason)
    2. They didn't like his videos? (bad reason)
    3. They were bored? (bad reason)

My point is, if he was not doing anything illegal, they had no business paying him a visit, and they certainly aren't paid to offer social networking advice. They should be enforcing LAWS, and leaving law abiding citizens alone.
    kb2wji likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I tend to agree with mprp & stroguy.

For one, I never get my panties in a bunch over one side of a story. I'm way too old for that sort of drama.

Secondly, I haven't seen this guy's videos either, but if he felt 'intimidated' or bossed-around by a couple LEO's standing on his porch, that is his own choice. So even if the LEO's were out of line, I still wouldn't call it an example of a police state. I'd call it a couple of over-zealous cops, and if they push it too far, they'd be hearing from my highly competent attorney that would eat their jack-booted little lunches.

I'd thank them for their over-zealous advice, verify that I had not broken any laws, and send them on their way.
    scgunlover1 likes this.

A "police state"? I figure that's putting it mildly when compared to tyranny. I guess first steps are baby steps. Babies do grow. You know this right?

OD*
    Color me baffled, I guess I don't understand why people make videos of themselves and place them on the internet anyway.
    Rock and Glock and QKShooter like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Someones panties are to tight...This guy needs to get a life....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post

My point is, if he was not doing anything illegal, they had no business paying him a visit, and they certainly aren't paid to offer social networking advice. They should be enforcing LAWS, and leaving law abiding citizens alone.
    Where have you been that is pretty much all LEO does any more they make it clear they are there to enforce the PC of the day not the law.
    Just getting them to take a report of a crime in Milwaukee is a task. But take a ride on your motorcycle late at night you will meet them.
    Crack dealer on the corner they protected class no problems with that.

MY GOD, he spits words out faster than any auto. weapon. And he's also a bad shot with his works, he was all over the paper.
    david

Unfortunately we now live in more of a Dictatorship & it is rapidly becoming Citizen/Slaves vs the Government & its Agents.
    Everyone has an opinion & this is just mine sorry if it offends anyone.
    ALSO I don't HATE LEOs I just Hold them to a Higher Standard of the LAW & nothing anyone says will change my opinion on this

VIP Member

We only have one person's account of an alleged conversation.
    kb2wji and mcp1810 like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Color me baffled, I guess I don't understand why people make videos of themselves and place them on the internet anyway.
    this. i don't even like using my real name for anything involving the internet.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

The right to defend yourself is one of our most basic and important rights. First of all, the cops did not commit a crime per se, so defend themselves against what? I would simply like to hear the other side of the story. Even the nut that shot up the movie theatre gets to defend himself. We cant just go say "how is he gonna defend himself? We all saw him do it, what could he possibly say??" It doesnt matter, he still has the right.

LEO's do "knock and talks" all the time. Many times the person of interest isnt doing a thing wrong. But neither is the LEO. Many times the person in question is guilty of a crime, or at the very least, needs to be contacted.

We dont know this guy's deal. The LEO's could simply be checking in on some neighbor complaints, we dont know. For all we know this guy is teaching his kids to shoot a bow and arrow at butterflies, or throw knives at birds. Maybe he scares the neighbors I dont know.

This guy would rather make a 10 minute youtube video about a "police state", than to ask a LEO to go away. This my friends, is an example of a man with too much free time.
    HPD4344 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    They monitor all the sites and this one is no different. I bet everyone on here is on a data bank and they look for key words trigger a closer look
    That is spot on correct. That's how we all know we're still somewhat "FREE." Because we're on here having this discussion. The moment the gubmint really decides to ACT on this, we're all off to the camps! A good friend of mine wrote a trilogy of books that addresses this scenario and it really is quite frightening. Here is the website but you can download the books to Kindle from amazon. His name is Matt Bracken and he's a former SEAL officer. He was in Beirut during the bombing of the marine barracks. I was his "go to" guy on the army as far as infantry stuff and little details like etiquette and stuff like that. I was astonished when he put me in the list of acknowledgements. Then I was worried. LOL He called me and said: "Welcome to the official subversives list!" Enemies Foreign and Domestic Web Site If you haven't read these books, you absolutely MUST.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wow....... I wrote and deleted three responses already.
    My thoughts on the video. Is there any reason I should just accept whatever this guy says as fact? Reminds me of that insurance commercial about how you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

But assuming the po po actually did show up and knock on his door....... So? If they did not have something better to do it would most likely be because they were responding to a complaint from one of his neighbors. If your neighbors call the police to report you as a whack job and make some allegations ( child endangerment maybe) do you expect the officers to tell you which one of your neighbors reported you? They showed up, they talked, they left.
    Nothing to see here.
    kb2wji likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    If you scan his many other videos he does have problem with anyone of authority in general. So to post and talk about one video is a waist . The nut got some loose screws. THATS way they watch his videos.
    tricolordad likes this.

Yes we live in a police state. We have for a long time and it gets more apparent every year.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links