Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?)

This is a discussion on Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hmmmm one side of the story. Cops do have to check it out sometimes. Just because you got a visit doesn't mean that they're turning ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?)

Hmmmm one side of the story. Cops do have to check it out sometimes. Just because you got a visit doesn't mean that they're turning Fon Du Lac into a "police state." I've been stopped many times in New Richmond, never once had an officer do anything that could be described as trampling my rights and I primarily open carry which infuriates many people who are not used to it. The police are simply responding to a 911 call because these officers seem to enjoy doing their job right. Not saying I'm a fan of law enforcement, not saying I'm not either. Quit being such a baby. If you act in a hostile manner when they saw that you didn't do anything wrong and acted accordingly, then it will be noted. One day you might accidentally do something, or an anti might say you did something, and you'll get a very serious response. They've got a job to do. If you make it harder on them, they'll make it 10 times harder than THAT on YOU.

2. Remove Ads

Wow, I daily try to fight the preconceived notion by libtards that all gun owners are 'nutz'. But it appears that many folks have a preconceived notion about ALL police officers. That's sad.

Andy Warhol was correct, and this fella is proof that it is undeserved in some cases.
    OD* and wmhawth like this.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

His other videos seem rather harmless. There is certainly much worse on you tube than this guy. I'd like to hear the other side as to why they think he's a threat of some sort.

I'd have been down town the very next morning talking to the Police chief as to why they did this. He seems to be just making more videos.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    The right to defend yourself is one of our most basic and important rights. First of all, the cops did not commit a crime per se, so defend themselves against what? I would simply like to hear the other side of the story. Even the nut that shot up the movie theatre gets to defend himself. We cant just go say "how is he gonna defend himself? We all saw him do it, what could he possibly say??" It doesnt matter, he still has the right.

LEO's do "knock and talks" all the time. Many times the person of interest isnt doing a thing wrong. But neither is the LEO. Many times the person in question is guilty of a crime, or at the very least, needs to be contacted.

We dont know this guy's deal. The LEO's could simply be checking in on some neighbor complaints, we dont know. For all we know this guy is teaching his kids to shoot a bow and arrow at butterflies, or throw knives at birds. Maybe he scares the neighbors I dont know.

This guy would rather make a 10 minute youtube video about a "police state", than to ask a LEO to go away. This my friends, is an example of a man with too much free time.
    THIS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    Wow, I daily try to fight the preconceived notion by libtards that all gun owners are 'nutz'. But it appears that many folks have a preconceived notion about ALL police officers. That's sad.
    Considering the number of gun owners who actually believe that we live in a police state (they've obviously never been to a REAL police state), those "libtards" are partially correct.
    Slow is smooth.....smooth is fast.

The guy in the video's name showed up on some fusion center list and was forwarded to local PD to check out. I didn't see the date on the video but if it is around the Sikh temple incident I wouldn't be surprised. Not sure the local Fon Du Lac PD have time to be searching Youtube for people making video's in their general area. Just some officers doing what they were asked by the folks in the fusion center. Thats my guess anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by stroguy View Post
    I only saw one guy talking. Do the police get to defend themselves?
    I agree... there are always 3 sides to the story. so....

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero 45 View Post
    Considering the number of gun owners who actually believe that we live in a police state (they've obviously never been to a REAL police state), those "libtards" are partially correct.
    If we were truly living in a police state this forum would not exist for us to speculate about if we live in a police state. Anyone who had posted in the Second Amendment forum questioning the government in any way would be in custody and Alex Jones and his ilk would never have been on the air.
    Sig35seven and Vaquero 45 like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I spent a lot of years sitting across a table from both witnesses and suspects. Based on this guy's body language, facial expressions and eye movement everything he says past the police knocking on his door is suspect.
    Rock and Glock and wmhawth like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Wow....... I wrote and deleted three responses already.
    My thoughts on the video. Is there any reason I should just accept whatever this guy says as fact? Reminds me of that insurance commercial about how you can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

But assuming the po po actually did show up and knock on his door....... So? If they did not have something better to do it would most likely be because they were responding to a complaint from one of his neighbors. If your neighbors call the police to report you as a whack job and make some allegations ( child endangerment maybe) do you expect the officers to tell you which one of your neighbors reported you? They showed up, they talked, they left.
    Nothing to see here.
    They didn't show up, talk, and leave. According to the guy in the video, they showed up, intimidated, told him to stop making videos, and then left... There is a big difference there. Anytime the police show up at your door and tell you to stop doing anything that is legal, there is a problem!
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    They didn't show up, talk, and leave. According to the guy in the video, they showed up, intimidated, told him to stop making videos, and then left... There is a big difference there. Anytime the police show up at your door and tell you to stop doing anything that is legal, there is a problem!
    According to the guy is a key word. I some people hate law enforcement. They will twist their words in their favorite if need be.

So we will never know

Sent from my Jelly bean Xoom using Tapatalk 2

He might be doing it to get hits on You-Tube. Why does anyone go to the trouble of putting videos like this on You-Tube anyway?
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    He might be doing it to get hits on You-Tube. Why does anyone go to the trouble of putting videos like this on You-Tube anyway?
    I guess you haven't seen the videos with dogs pushing wheelbarrows full of kittens around?

Michael

VIP Member
    Oh well.

Only one side to the story and IMO, dude seems to be a bit out in left field anyways.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links