Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?) - Page 4

Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?)

This is a discussion on Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by royal barnes I spent a lot of years sitting across a table from both witnesses and suspects. Based on this guy's body ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Do we live in a Police State (What are your thoughts on this video?)

Quote Originally Posted by royal barnes View Post
    I spent a lot of years sitting across a table from both witnesses and suspects. Based on this guy's body language, facial expressions and eye movement everything he says past the police knocking on his door is suspect.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but everybody is calling BS on this guy's story, but you expect everyone to believe that you are able to read body language and you expect that we will take your word on it....

I haven't seen anyone challenge your statement yet, because, IMO, it lines up with what they want to think...

I think the guy may be telling the truth, or he may be lying.

I think that you are telling the truth about your observations, but I just find the double standard in a lot of posts confusing....
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    According to the guy is a key word. I some people hate law enforcement. They will twist their words in their favorite if need be.

So we will never know

Sent from my Jelly bean Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    Good point. He may be a LEO hater. He may have twisted what they said, and had there never been any incidents like this that have happened before, I would be much less inclined to believe him.

I'm not saying that cops are bad, in fact I have great respect for many LEOs. They probably had orders from higher up to visit this guy, and may not have wanted to do it, but that, IMO, is still a problem if he is doing nothing illegal (not that they followed orders, but that the order was given in the first place). It sets a disturbing precedent.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    They didn't show up, talk, and leave. According to the guy in the video, they showed up, intimidated, told him to stop making videos, and then left... There is a big difference there. Anytime the police show up at your door and tell you to stop doing anything that is legal, there is a problem!
    So what part of that was not via the spoken word?
    They talked. They did not assualt. They did not confiscate. They did nothing more than have a conversation (allegedly) that we are only getting one side of.
    kb2wji likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Administrator
    There is always one side of a story and then the other side of a story and the truth is usually somewhere in between.
    sid1 and rocky like this.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Badey, I don't expect you or anyone else to believe what I say if you choose not to. The video guy continually breaks eye contact with the camera. It's not even a person. On a good many of his allegations he blinks, looks down and to the left. Any good interrogator who has been schooled and has experience will tell you these are good signs that what he is saying is not the whole truth. There are other little subtle signs that are telling when talking to someone but these are the most striking with him. The old saying of believing nothing you hear and only half of what you see is not quite right during interviews and interrogations. You believe some of what you hear and a lot of what you see.

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    P.S. I just looked at the video for the third time. Add excessive side to side eye flicker and dry mouth as two more possible indicators. I'll stick to my original assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Color me baffled, I guess I don't understand why people make videos of themselves and place them on the internet anyway.
    If you create a trail to follow then don't be surprised when someone shows up! Baffles me too!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links