Nugent Bets Bill O’Reilly $10,000 He Can NOT Buy a Machine

This is a discussion on Nugent Bets Bill O’Reilly $10,000 He Can NOT Buy a Machine within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks like MR O is trying to weasel out of the bet,,,, he is now saying someone can file of the sear pin (?) head ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Nugent Bets Bill O’Reilly $10,000 He Can NOT Buy a Machine

Looks like MR O is trying to weasel out of the bet,,,, he is now saying
    someone can file of the sear pin (?) head of an AR15 and make it a machine gun,,,,
    well let me clue you MR O,,,, there are a lot of people (machinist) who COULD build
    a complete machine gun from metal,,,,,, but that WAS NOT the bet,,,,, you said
    someone could legally buy a machine gun "without any reporting requirements at all".

This was a stupid bet,,,, the word legally is what trapped you,,,,, you CAN NOT BUY
    ONE LEGALLY. You can do anything ILLEGALLY.
    tcox4freedom and Spirit51 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    Looks like MR O is trying to weasel out of the bet,,,, he is now saying
    someone can file of the sear pin (?) head of an AR15 and make it a machine gun,,,,
    well let me clue you MR O,,,, there are a lot of people (machinist) who COULD build
    a complete machine gun from metal
    ,,,,,, but that WAS NOT the bet,,,,, you said
    someone could legally buy a machine gun "without any reporting requirements at all".

This was a stupid bet,,,, the word legally is what trapped you,,,,, you CAN NOT BUY
    ONE LEGALLY. You can do anything ILLEGALLY.
    Exactly my thought.
    A good machinist with knowledge & blueprints good build a machine gun from scratch! The reason most don't do this is because they are law abiding citizens.

Liberals like BO just don't get it. If we continued on their train of thought we would have to outlaw everything from raw metals to man-made plastics.

I was going to send BO another email stating that fact. But, he probably has me blocked by now.

Ted can be on the fringe of a lot of things, but he has Mr. O by the short hairs on this. Good luck Bill. This is a fight you can not win...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Modern bureaucracy BS is so layered & thick that you can't untangle a stolen credit card in 30 days. And Bill O'Relly thinks he can buy a Class 3, NFA registered, civilian machine gun? His mouth was in overdrive while his brain was disengaged.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Bill is the one spinning in the 'no spin zone'. His ego is so inflated he can't stand the thought he might be wrong so he makes things up.

I have to admit... as much as I don't like Ted Nugent he is right on this one.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Senior Moderator
    Nuge knows...he's a class 3 geek himself...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Exactly my thought.
    A good machinist with knowledge & blueprints good build a machine gun from scratch!
    Hell, a bad machinist could make a full auto Sten.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
    Nugent Bets Bill O’Reilly $10,000 He Can NOT Buy a Machine Gun in 30 Days

Nugent Bets Bill O
    ...truncated post for space and for rules reason.
    Just a reminder for everyone:

13. Copyrighted material. If you are posting a copyrighted story, our rules permit the first paragraph being copied verbatim with a link pointing to the rest of the article/story's original source. You should summarize the rest of the story, in your own words, after the link. DO NOT cut and paste a complete article or story and DO NOT simply provide a link without further comment. Violations of this rule will receive one warning and then receive an infraction of no less than 10 points. Additional infractions will have their points doubled.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    So true, Oneshot.

Having a wolf in sheep's clothing like him, pretending to be a conservative, yet following the secular progressive agenda, does more harm than any purple-faced, screaming liberal.
    O'Reilly has never said he was a conservative or Republican. He has always said he was a Independent Moderate, but he has always been a left slant. He has good guests. For Goodness Sake....his idol is Bobby Kennedy. I look past him and look for the good guests and even the liberal wonks (learn from your enemy).

If I can't take information from several sources and get the nuggets I need...then I would be as stupid as any "blind follower" out there.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I just emailed Mr. O'Reilly a respectful, polite email explaining why I would know longer be able to trust any "Facts" on his show until the same amount of time (approximately 5 minutes) is used to correct his misinformation from the interview.

oreilly@foxnews.com
    tcox4freedom likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    If I can't take information from several sources and get the nuggets I need...then I would be as stupid as any "blind follower" out there.
    That is one of the problems with a lot of people today. They have a lack of critical thinking skills and just accept whatever they are told, because if it is on television, it must be true.
    Spirit51 and tcox4freedom like this.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by kaboomkaboom View Post
    I just emailed Mr. O'Reilly a respectful, polite email explaining why I would know longer be able to trust any "Facts" on his show until the same amount of time (approximately 5 minutes) is used to correct his misinformation from the interview.

oreilly@foxnews.com
    By his own admission, he's received "loads" of them (I'd bet thousands, at least) after such topics have been addressed on "the Factor". Of course, he didn't say that anyone had actually read them.

I used to like him, but his tone has become increasingly "shrill", whether he agrees with his guest or not, and the constant interuptions detract from anything the show might have to offer. This latest series of rants against "heavy weapons" (and his extremely disrespectful treatment of the Congressman- I don't care if he's a "D" an "I", or an "R", respect is required) convinced me once and for all that he's a closet Leftist and I rarely watch anymore.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links