Love and .22LR - HD VIDEO

This is a discussion on Love and .22LR - HD VIDEO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Is it possible to fall head over heels in love on your first date? Well, I think it is and I surely have fallen in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Love and .22LR - HD VIDEO

Is it possible to fall head over heels in love on your first date? Well, I think it is and I surely have fallen in love with my Ruger SR22 after putting several hundred rounds through it in the past few days.

Have any of you purchased the Ruger SR22? How are you liking it? Ammo issues? Favorite ammo?

I think the Ruger SR22 is an amazingly good little shooter.

Here's the video.
    Ransom likes this.

Good video, but there is a difference between lethality and incapacitation.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Of course, you can explain that to the people killed by a .22LR, not that they would care much.

You put a string of Stingers into a guys heart and he is going to have a very bad day.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    Of course, you can explain that to the people killed by a .22LR, not that they would care much.

You put a string of Stingers into a guys heart and he is going to have a very bad day.

;)
    And at the distance you are talking, he will plunge that knife into you. The internet rumor about the .22 is just that, a rumor. Like I said there is a difference between lethality and incapacitation.

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I'm somewhat infatuated with my Ruger 10/22...but not in love per se. I have the Walther P22 and Keltec PMR30 - but will buy the S&W .22 just because I am a M&P guy. Good video, but it would never be a carry gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    And at the distance you are talking, he will plunge that knife into you. The internet rumor about the .22 is just that, a rumor. Like I said there is a difference between lethality and incapacitation.
    I was putting Stingers through a 2 x 4 the other day, from a distance of about 10 yards. Maybe you have been listening to rumors about the effectiveness of .22LR. I kind of doubt you would be willing to put your theories to the test about .22LR not being lethal by being the target for them. Right?

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Amsdorf View Post
    I was putting Stingers through a 2 x 4 the other day, from a distance of about 10 yards. Maybe you have been listening to rumors about the effectiveness of .22LR. I kind of doubt you would be willing to put your theories to the test about .22LR not being lethal by being the target for them. Right?

:)
    You have obviously not read what I have posted. So for the sake of argument I will say it again. There is a difference between lethality and incapacitation.When you understand the difference between the two let me know until then your comment about taking the challenge is childish at best. If you feel comfortable carrying a .22lr for self defense that is your call, but it is misguided advise.

I think I've tangled with you, HarryBall, before around these parts. You are simply, wrong. A .22LR can KILL.

Read this again:

I was putting CCI JHP stinger .22LR bullets through a 2x4 from 10 yards, thirty feet, away. Now, tell me again how that could not kill somebody?

Simply put, you don't know what you are talking about.

And if you had even bothered actually to pay attention to my video I made it clear I do NOT recommend .22LR as a self-defense load. We had a home intruder in the STL area killed recently by a person wielding a .22LR revolver, put three bullets into their chest, two hit his heart. He was dead, deceased, killed, taking a dirt nap, kicked the bucket, etc. Now, let's talk about lethality again?

And, thanks for stomping all over the topic, that was really nice of you.

But I think you must be the kind of person who may often be wrong, but never in doubt. Good luck with your next Internet crusade.
    Last edited by Amsdorf; August 11th, 2012 at 07:41 PM.

Can the .22lr kill; In a word yes. I for one will never understand why folks disrespect the lethality for the smaller rounds. Are ther better fight stoppers, sure, but that fact alone does not negate the fact that a properly placed .22 on up will kill, or stop an attacker. My philosophy when it comes to the smaller calibers; if he's worth one round he's probably worth the whole mag. Besides, like the OP said, what other caliber can one go out and spend the day shooting without spending a ton of coin on besides the .22lr; none that I'm aware of... I say, rock on sir and enjoy your Ruger.

Oh' and nice video BTW!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Sir, you are obviously new to self defense and do not understand what it is about. Not once did I say that the .22lr cant kill, wouldnt kill, has not killed. You obviously have not realized the reality of Self defense. If you had you would understand that your above statement is silly and ignorant. Once you figure it our, you will see what Im saying Until then, you are just someone with a camera that thinks they understand the meaning of weapons handling and self defense.

there is a difference between lethality and incapacitation.

Hey, Harry, give it up bro, it ain't working.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    Can the .22lr kill; In a word yes. I for one will never understand why folks disrespect the lethality for the smaller rounds. Are ther better fight stoppers, sure, but that fact alone does not negate the fact that a properly placed .22 on up will kill, or stop an attacker. My philosophy when it comes to the smaller calibers; if he's worth one round he's probably worth the whole mag. Besides, like the OP said, what other caliber can one go out and spend the day shooting without spending a ton of coin on besides the .22lr; none that I'm aware of... I say, rock on sir and enjoy your Ruger. Oh' and nice video BTW!

I'll drink to that, bro.

Thank you, sir, for adding to this conversation with a truly intelligent remark.

Thanks for the remark on the video. I'm learning to trust the auto focus on the camera a lot more and getting better shots due to using increased focal length.

Paul, enjoyed your video review. Thanks for posting that. I've been looking for a .22LR pistol. The SR22 is now on my list to take a closer look at.

Tell me more about the gun shop you recommended in Pevely. Did you say Dunn's? I think I need to pay them a visit.

I love 22s. I have 4 22 handguns and 4 22 rifles. They are fun and cheap. If it was all I had, I'd make the best of it like I did when I was 15 and had to fire my pump 22 rifle on 2 drunks entering my broken bedroom window. BUT, it is not all I have anymore. I typically carry my 40 caliber and use it for HD. The 22s for me are for fun and teaching others.

Now, if a person has issues with recoil and a 22 is all they can operate or shoot effectively, then go for it. But for me, I have a wide variety of tools and I will use the one I think is best for the job at hand.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

i picked up my taurus pt 22 last week. i carry it as a bug, i also have a box of 22lr in both of our vehicles. so i always have it on me if i want to spontaneously go shoot.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links