Wal Mart rant *warning* long - Page 3

Wal Mart rant *warning* long

This is a discussion on Wal Mart rant *warning* long within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, now that you've written it all out all you need do is clean it up and send it to WalMart where it has a ...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Wal Mart rant *warning* long

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Well, now that you've written it all out all you need do is clean it up and send it to WalMart where it has a chance of doing some good. Be sure to note the time of these occurrences so they know what shift they are dealing with.

On the occasions I've bought ammo at Wally World, never a problem. That's in many stores in Florida and Virginia. I typically go to the ammo case section, some dude in a walmart smock asks me if I need anything, I get it out, pay for it there, and leave. Of course, I'm usually wearing tie-dyed shirts so I'm sort of hard to miss standing in the ammo aisle.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I don't think I would be screaming "I need help at the ammo counter" over and over again in any store,It would make you look like your the last person that should be buying ammo OMOYMMV
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

For the most part, I've had good experiences buying ammo at Walmart. The last time I was there I bought a hundred round box of Winchester White Box 45 acp and another hundred round box of Remington 45 hollow points. The young guy who opened the case said "Whoa, getting ready for hunting season, huh?" Ahh.....yuupp
    It's all part of the big picture.

Walmart is the place I buy most of my ammo and I have not had a problem. Once I had to wait about 3 minutes for someone with a key, but most of the time someone is in the sporting goods section. Same thing in both of the stores where I live. I am on a fixed income and I have to shop where I can save money.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Makes me feel rather jaded, all three of our local Wal-Marts are good at keeping people either in front of the ammo display or in close proximity. The only times I have had to wait is because others are ahead of me in line. Fortunately I have never had that bad of an experience.
    You must not be near Durham. The one in New Hope Commons is terrible.

I'm with you there. I wanted to buy a box of .22 LONG RIFLE at Wally world once. The lady ringing me up gave me nine kinds of hell because she thought only cops should be able to have handguns. I asked her what made her think they were for a handgun, her response was because they're little bullets.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344904935.551365.jpg
    grav and ClutchSR9C like this.

Quote Originally Posted by FLArmadillo View Post
    Unfortunately, Home Depot doesn't sell ammo. Because that doesn't fly. If the manager heard about that, she'd walk out there and fire me and any associate involved, no exaggeration; that is beyond unacceptable.

As an aside, I've never had that much trouble, maybe because in my area, shooting is much more popular than in others. There has been a guy behind or within 10 feet of the counter ever time I've gone to my Wal-Mart. Demographics?
    Hey! A fellow Home Depot employee!

I thought the same thing. I would be hearing about it if I tried anything close to that. Have been called back to the office for far less.

Yup. WOT dude!

Anyway.

Walmartians don't just shop there now adays, they also um, work (ok, they show up and punch in) there now.

LMAO : I learned long ago, they have a camera on the ammo case..... and if I begin shaking the door of it a little ..... someone comes running and is there within 1 minute every time.

I no longer have to go looking for anyone.
    bigdog44, bmcgilvray and msgt/ret like this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    1. I-phones are for tweeting, not posting.
    2. If any employees approaches me with dirty underwear hanging out, you can bet someone other than the employee is going to hear about it.
    3. Walmart--need I say more?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

On my last visit to Wal-Mart here, I got the nice lady that used to work in the deli. She recognized me and went out of her way to get someone with a key to the ammo display. As I bought the last three boxes of 40 S&W on the shelf I made a comment about them needing to stock more. The reply was, "Oh, honey, if you don't see what you need in the display just ask. We usually have plenty in the back."

Gotta love small towns!
    I Shoot Birds With A Canon.

VIP Member
    I've often wondered how many times Sam Walton has flipped over in his grave. As soon as he died Walmart started spiraling down hill. I remember when it was company policy that if there were more than 3 people in line, another register would be opened. Now I think if there are less than 10 in line, they close registers.
    BugDude and msgt/ret like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

LGS or online. Beats Wally every time. Besides in your LGS they sell cool guns. Never know when you might need another.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Luckily there is a Farm Store in town that carries more ammo at the same or lower prices than Walmart. The ammo is not locked up and the counter is always manned.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links