Wal Mart rant *warning* long - Page 5

Wal Mart rant *warning* long

This is a discussion on Wal Mart rant *warning* long within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by stanislaskasava I heard today on the radio that the average wage at Wal-Mart is $12.99/hour. That's well above minimum wage... regardless, people ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Wal Mart rant *warning* long

Quote Originally Posted by stanislaskasava View Post
    I heard today on the radio that the average wage at Wal-Mart is $12.99/hour. That's well above minimum wage... regardless, people are getting paid to work, not to goof off. I find that people are always on lunch at Wal-Mart, too. What a hole.
    Please keep in mind that a manager who is still an hourly employee as opposed to a "salaried manager" can be making over twenty bucks an hour. That has a tendency to skew your numbers just a tad. The part-time employee doing the grunt work on the floor is making somewhere between minimum wage and ten bucks an hour. As the grunt gets more years of service and his hourly wage rises, management (especially in right to work states) looks hard for an excuse to fire him and replace him with another minimum wage grunt. That's how you get your "everyday low prices".
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

managment structure is as follows salaried - Manager. salaried- shift manager/co-manager, salaried- assistant manager.

hourly managment- zone managers they are only there from 7:00 a.m. till 8:00 p.m.

Everyone else is just a pee-on

david

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    managment structure is as follows salaried - Manager. salaried- shift manager/co-manager, salaried- assistant manager.

hourly managment- zone managers they are only there from 7:00 a.m. till 8:00 p.m.

Everyone else is just a pee-on

david
    Your store doesn't have customer service managers or department managers?
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Customer service is a lost art-form. I have great luck at my local Wal-Marts. The few times I have gotten poor service I spoke with a manager & felt that I got the resolution I deserved. GUess my local ones are a few of the good ones.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

I've never had a problem getting ammo here. There is usually someone in the sproting goods area that will be glad to help. A lot of times they are asking me if I need any ammo before I can even look to see if they have what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    WalMart=humanity's cesspool? Works for me. I'd rather take a whippin' than shop at loathsome WarMart.
    Ditto!! I've gone well over a decade without giving them a dime of my money. I honestly don't care if I have to pay twice as much. They may charge a little less on some things but if you are really paying attention, you will see that they charge more on other things. They are not the lowest price on everything like some people are suckered into believing. The crime rate at their stores and in their parking lots is enough by itself to make me go elsewhere.
    ...Adam

"If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart, and if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no head." --Winston Churchill

I've not had any problems in any Walmarts in my area either, but usually if you go into a store, any store, with the preconceived notion that you're going to receive bad service, you'll be able to find an employee who will meet your expectations.

Well..........I must admit......Wally tweaks me too sometimes. Just like finding something in the grocery isle. There one day....gone the next. Wally did have something I wanted this past weekend (search for post). Best thing about Wally World? They keep life interesting. LOL! Take it for what it's worth.......laugh once in a while. I remember a couple of months ago when they couldn't find the ammo key anywhere in the store. On my Friday morning runs (every two weeks), I run into the night shift/day shift management transition walk around. The night shift manager and me are on a first name basis now. If he sees me in any part of the store, he'll ask me if I got my ammo. LOL! Great guy, and we've had good conversation and I've actually learned a lot from their perspective. Makes sense. Every once in a while....they want me to pay for handgun ammo at the sporting goods register....most times they'll hand it to me and I can go on shopping and pay up front. If I'm not in the mood to pay at the sporting goods register when required to do so.....I simply force them to go out of their way (shut down sporting goods)....to walk my ammo up front to a check out line of my choosing!
    Hey! Any Wal Mart haters here? I'm gonna tell you a little secret.............................Wal Mart has AMMO! Lots of it matter of fact. Remember this after the election and you avoided WM for your own reasons. I'll almost bet you own a television that was made overseas. How much do you hate your Vizio (before your child threw something and broke the screen)? LOL! Anyway......Wally is fun for something....and believe me.....when they have it.........it's usually at the best price found. Academy Sports is trying to compete.......thing is.....they just can't keep enough in stock. At the rate my local Wal Marts are stocking ammo...........they won't be able to put it all behind lock and glass for long.

I do buy 99% of my ammo from Wally world, even if I have to wait.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

VIP Member
    My son works at Walmart and I have him get anything I need and he gets his 10% off ( including Ammo). I don't have to go there and worry about my truck in the parking lot. Is it just me or do the worst drivers all go to Walmart. I don't find it that hard to park.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Walmart mostly employees the brain dead and lazy
    Sorry my kid works there and he is very sharp, honor student,varsity football player,state champion power lifter, now going to college. It is a good place to work, he keeps getting raises and bonus checks every quarter. I am proud of him. He has been there for almost two years.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

The last time I had trouble finding someone with a key I went to the counter near the ammo case and used the phone there to page for someone. Everyone in the store could tell in my tone that I was a bit irritated, but polite. It didn't take but a few minutes for a supervisor to show up. He was just a kid and did not say anything about me using their paging system.
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    I usually don't shop at Wal-Mart. I buy my ammo from gun stores even if it means paying a bit more. At least if I have any questions they can be answered by individuals who know what they're doing. You can't put a price on quality customer service and the smaller guys already fight to compete with big corporations like Wal-Mart.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

I have to say, I've only had good experience at Wal-mart for ammo. The worst thing is.. they sell out fast. 100rds of 9mm fmj @ $20, or 100rds of 9mm jhp @ $28 is hard to beat.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Why I reload my own. WallyWorld can just Bite me!.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links