Wal Mart rant *warning* long - Page 6

Wal Mart rant *warning* long

This is a discussion on Wal Mart rant *warning* long within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; - I hurt myself trying to read the OP, so haven't read any follow-ups... STEP 1: Walk in the front door STEP 2: Ask for ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Wal Mart rant *warning* long

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    I hurt myself trying to read the OP, so haven't read any follow-ups...

STEP 1: Walk in the front door

STEP 2: Ask for a manager

STEP 3: Tell the manager that you'd like to purchase ammo and to accompany you to the shelves with a key

STEP 4: Pay for your ammo and leave as quickly as you can
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Must depend on where you live. I buy most do my ammo there and have never had a problem or a wait. There is always someone at the sporting goods counter except late at night and the ammo case is directly across from the counter.
    Ammo, hunting license, and if I need fishing tackle early in the morning before most places open is about all I buy there but the sporting goods section is we're I check out regardless of why I buy because someone is always there and it is quick.

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhmAsylm View Post
    -
    I hurt myself trying to read the OP, so haven't read any follow-ups...

STEP 1: Walk in the front door

STEP 2: Ask for a manager

STEP 3: Tell the manager that you'd like to purchase ammo and to accompany you to the shelves with a key

STEP 4: Pay for your ammo and leave as quickly as you can
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Paragraphs please
    Then I may have the time to read it
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post

I'm sending you a $25 credit for the grammar/punctuation store...for your safety and ours.
    I don't understand why so many people flame for grammar and punctuation on here. This isn't English class I'm not typing a research paper. I'm simply posting on a forum that doesn't grade my posts based on grammar and punctuation. If you only choose to read posts that are 100% correctly written then there must not be very many posts you actually read. If you didn't read it because it wasn't correctly written enough for you then just move on to the next thread don't waste your time boosting your post count telling me you didn't read it because it was so bad go post somewhere that your going to keep it on topic. Wasn't asking for you guys to put on your English teacher outfits and grade my post I was looking for other experiences and opinions of wal Mart. Thanks. Troll on.

We (my fiancee and I) shop for our food at WalMart... they have what we need usually... unless it's reduced fat Ruffles. Those are usually gone for some reason. I think it's because fat people buy them with the mistaken idea that they can eat them all and not gain weight because they're reduced fat...

Anyway, I've had to wait by the ammo counter... and I've been tempted to use the phone to try to page someone... but I don't because I wasn't brought up that way... and i've given consideration to just pushing buttons on the cash register to get a clerk over to help but again, I wasn't brought up that way, and I'm fearful of being accused of theft by messing with a register... so I run someone down in the store that can page sporting goods for me... and I'll wait.

I usually don't have problems at our Wal-Mart, but the town I live in is small and the place is not overly busy.
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

Quote Originally Posted by RugerSRGuy View Post
    I don't understand why so many people flame for grammar and punctuation on here. This isn't English class I'm not typing a research paper. I'm simply posting on a forum that doesn't grade my posts based on grammar and punctuation. If you only choose to read posts that are 100% correctly written then there must not be very many posts you actually read. If you didn't read it because it wasn't correctly written enough for you then just move on to the next thread don't waste your time boosting your post count telling me you didn't read it because it was so bad go post somewhere that your going to keep it on topic. Wasn't asking for you guys to put on your English teacher outfits and grade my post I was looking for other experiences and opinions of wal Mart. Thanks. Troll on.
    No, it's not English class, but a post that's easily readable is more likely to be read. That's just my opinion. Yours may be different. I didn't find Beowulf particularly readable either.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Yes my store does have customer service managers and department managers, but they are NOT salaried members of management
    david

Quote Originally Posted by the6shooter View Post
    Yes my store does have customer service managers and department managers, but they are NOT salaried members of management
    david
    Yep, they are hourly managers and they drive up that average hourly wage which is exactly my point, David.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

been there, done that, got the t-shirt.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Distinguished Member
    Ya, I'm gonna take up for wally world.

First off to all those always bashing walmart and how it treats their employees - they are providing a job for TONS of people. Sure, it isn't a job you graduate college just chomping to get into, but it is somewhere you can work and SURVIVE and make ends meat until something better comes along.

For those hating on walmart, just how many people do you employ??? How many jobs do you provide everyday???

Even if you do have empoyees, it isnt a drop in the bucket compared to wally world. Sure there are lots of things that are not perfect, maybe even things that are bad about it and how they treat employees, but it is still somewhere you can go, work a days work and get a decent pay. It won't be the best pay, but you will be paid. And you CAN live on walmart pay, probably not feed a family of five very easily, but its still a paycheck.

Not many people would think or see themselves as career walmart people, but its a place to work until something better comes along.
    It may not be the best place to work, BUT IT IS A JOB! And I have to give atleast a little respect to the people that work there BECAUSE THEY ARE WORKING AT A JOB. Not collecting unemployment or worse, but actually getting up and going to work.

But thats just my $0.02.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by scorpion12 View Post
    Anyway, I've had to wait by the ammo counter... and I've been tempted to use the phone to try to page someone... but I don't because I wasn't brought up that way... so I run someone down in the store that can page sporting goods for me... and I'll wait.
    Hopefully someday you will learn how to take control of your life, rather than letting others control it for you. :)
    LEARN something today so you can TEACH something tomorrow.
    Dominus Vobiscum <))>(
    Where is the wisdom that we have lost in knowledge?" T.S. Elliot

Well, I do work for walmart, and I also bring home a paycheck also pay my bills on time....
    But you know what I (we) also get to see working at walmart ? we have to put up with people on welfare, food stamps and sorry customers that only think about thereselves.
    No I don't Make $20 dollars an hr. like some think. We also get the abuse like being cursed out because you didn't get your way. or told we don't know what we are doing.
    We as people have to work for less you YOU as customers can, keep more in your pockets.
    My God man, give people some slack for trying to do their jobs with the tools we are given.

With the attitudes you give us when we do try and help you, a little respect is a two way street. You have to give some to get some.
    Or you can go to Target or K-mart or Sears and get your ammo. Oh I must have forgot----- they don't sell ammo!
    oh and they sell cheap goods from china also.

Now my rant is over here on this thread....... who do you work for ? maybe , we all can see what kind of service you are giving out?
    P.S. also I am not mad at anyone here but It seems your still spending your money at the big blue box stores.
    I'll see ya pushing your carts out there on the sales floor, and tomorrow I will be thinking of all the walmart haters, needing service as I pass by.

I also told you what you can do to make your shopping better, and you didn't want to listen. Like call the manager and call the home office and make your complaints.
    Or just sit back and wait at the counter.
    david
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; August 15th, 2012 at 06:01 PM.

If I can't find anybody in the vicinity of the gun counter, I'll pick up the phone on the gun counter. In the old days you could use the intercom to page someone. Now that they use walkie-talkies, I don't know that you can still do that. Thus, I press '0' and talk to the store operator.
    I've also had good results using the phone at the sporting goods counter to page an employee.

Generally speaking, buying ammo at my local WM is one of the easiest things to do. Although there's very rarely someone at the sporting goods counter at the time of night I shop at WM, I've found a way take advantage of that. The ammo at my local WM is in a glass display case behind the counter, making it hard for my failing eyes to read the ammo type/price. Therefore, when there's no worker at the sporting goods counter, I walk around to the glass display case and check out the ammo myself. If I want to buy something, I use their phone to page someone or walk a few aisles over to the sewing section where there's usually a worker w/ the keys. I'd like to be able to buy ammo from stores other than WM, but the closest gun stores are 60 miles away and have very poor prices and selection.

In general, I find shopping at WM extremely frustrating for the very same reasons already mentioned by many. Nearly every time I go to WM, when I leave I swear it'll be the last time I shop at WM. Not only is customer service usually horrible and inconsiderate, but many products are of inferior quality. In general, I make every effort to avoid buying any product at WM that WM can control the product's specifications.

About a year ago I was at W-Mart to get ammo. There were five of us waiting around the ammo case, with nobody in sight.

Ten minutes passed, then I pulled out my cell phone, called Information and got the phone number for that store. Got ahold of the customer service desk and asked them to please send someone to the ammo area, as there were multiple customers waiting for an extended period.

Five more minutes, then nothing. Called them again, asking for the MANAGER. Got the manager on the horn and told him that he had now eight customers waiting for help in sporting goods, and we had been there some time already.

Not 30 seconds later we had TWO employees falling all over themselves to "help" us.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerSRGuy View Post
    Is this forum not worthy of proper grammar and punctuation?
    Essentially you are telling us we don't rate the respect.

An iPhone is no excuse for arrogance and laziness.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links