Longmire

Longmire

This is a discussion on Longmire within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was watching the Longmire show in A&E and was looking at the sidearm which Sheriff Walt Longmire was carrying. I am trying to figure ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Thread: Longmire

Longmire

I was watching the Longmire show in A&E and was looking at the sidearm which Sheriff Walt Longmire was carrying. I am trying to figure out what make and model as it is definately a 1911. Anyone knows what Walt Longmire carries?

OD*
    It appears to be a standard Government Model with stags, no clue on the manufacturer.
    Last edited by OD*; August 15th, 2012 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Spellun'
    Aceoky likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I enjoy the show, but I nearly choked on my spit when he went to measure a bullet hole in a corpse. He unholstered his gun, dropped the magazine, popped a round out and held it up to the entry hole and pronounced "yep, it was a .45," then jammed the mag back home. Where was his spare mag? Ah, Hollywood.
    shooterX, LeanHard and OD* like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I enjoy the show, but I nearly choked on my spit when he went to measure a bullet hole in a corpse. He unholstered his gun, dropped the magazine, popped a round out and held it up to the entry hole and pronounced "yep, it was a .45," then jammed the mag back home. Where was his spare mag? Ah, Hollywood.
    Hell I about spit when I noticed he carried it with the hammer down and cocked it as he drew the gun,then dropped the hammer with his thumb on it and reholstered.I'm thinking sure he did without depressing the grip safety,or having his thumb slip off.
    Actually the last show it was an Officers model size looking at the holster and spare mag size,he was wearing a cuff case with mag pouch
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I got a funny feeling that somebody was curious enough and went to great lengths to figure it out and then posted it on a site that Google would find.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

The first issue irritated me when they where searching for someone who bought a gun that fired 45 70 and the shop owner said something like "oh well, the only guns that shoot that are old sharps carbines." I was thinking what about Rossi, Baikal, Henry, H&R, Ruger, and many other companies that have 45-70 rifles.

I gotta say I really like the show,I just have to remember that it is a show for entertainment
    shooterX, Old Sarge, Once and 7 others like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    I got a funny feeling that somebody was curious enough and went to great lengths to figure it out and then posted it on a site that Google would find.

Sent from my palm device
    Thought I'd try your idea; Longmire - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database
    Aceoky and BigShrek like this.

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    While his pistol may be a standard gov model, his Hats are custom rolled for him!

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    Dukalmighty, dropping the hammer from full cock on a standard 1911 with a spur hammer is easy one handed. If you rock the hammer all the way back it disengages the grip safety. Pulling the trigger at the same time will allow it to go forward. I don't advocate it being safe just saying it can be done. In the books, which are much better than the tv series, he carried Condition 1. I'm currently reading #7 in the series of 8 and there are a lot of differences but Craig Johnson is not a gun man much like Robert B. Parker with his novels.
    Last edited by royal barnes; August 15th, 2012 at 03:52 PM.
    OD* and Aceoky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I gotta say I really like the show,I just have to remember that it is a show for entertainment
    Exactly.

I had to bite my tongue a few times when they were talking about archery also.
    ctr and BigShrek like this.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

For the amount of money that is spent on developing a TV series & the amount of that money at risk if the show tanks I can't understand why (for Pete's Sake) the producers wouldn't spend the small amount money for a gun-savy advisor to prevent even casual shooters from making fun of their technical miscues. Where's Mas Ayoob when all this goofy pistolcraft is being filmed? Heck, I'll go do it.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I like the show, and have been reading some of the books, but I too have to remind myself it's just a show.
    Yetiman and USM1976 like this.
    "Don't start none, won't be none!"

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    I like the show, and have been reading some of the books, but I too have to remind myself it's just a show.
    Much like Criminal Minds, law & Order, Law & Order SVU and the other spin-offs. Just watch the shows and enjoy them. Newspapers are written on a 6th grade level for the most part. TV shows however I have not a clue.

Best regards!
    rachilders and BigShrek like this.
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by royal barnes View Post
    If you rock the hammer all the way back it disengages the grip safety. Pulling the trigger at the same time will allow it to go forward..
    Correct, and it was a design feature stated by John Moses Browning in his patents. It's not something I do, but it was certainly intended by it's creator do be done that way at least occasionally.
    Last edited by OD*; July 21st, 2014 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Spellun'
    Chorizo and Aceoky like this.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links