Have you guys seen this anti-gun page??

This is a discussion on Have you guys seen this anti-gun page?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Everyone has an opinion, which I am free to ignore....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Have you guys seen this anti-gun page??

VIP Member
    Everyone has an opinion, which I am free to ignore.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

I've seen a lot of anti-gun groups, but these people are vapid for the most part, they don't even have a plan.
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    On some sites you're more than welcome to your opinion . . . as long as it agrees with theirs.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I think I'll just stay with this forum!
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

report page. the little arrow next to the "message" box. comes up in a drop down menu. you can do it as many times as you like. i just reported them like 20 times.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by mano3 View Post
    Of course you were banned - that's what you get for not agreeing with the left...
    Yep, they always preach tolerance, but never exhibit any, unless, of course, you agree with them.
    sigmanluke likes this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

it made my eyes BLEED!

But that is what happens when I see so much stupid.......

pot_smoking_hippie1.jpg
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

VIP Member
    I made several rational, polite, respectful posts on that site. When I went back to see the replies, my posts were nowhere to be found. They had been removed, and I can't even post to ask why........

I'm sad now
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

P5
    Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    Can't fix stupid.
    Not even with Duct Tape!!!
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!!
    Walther P5 / AMT AutomagII

As promised in an earlier post I am back to post my findings. Earlier I stated that the Coalition to stop gun violence Facebook page was using fictious facebook account postings to make very inflammatory pro-gun remarks just to whip up the anti-gun people.

Turns out I was correct. I was unable to trace them to any real accounts. In fact one of them actually traced to a cemetary! I kid you not! This is the sort of tactics we are up against. Be on your guard out there. Support the NRA and write your representatives. Don't get in the gutter with these people.

Serve my country, swear an oath to protect it, pay my taxes, fly old glory in the front yard, love and protect my family, honor the vets before me and help fellow americans in need.
    By definition my country now calls me a radical

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    I made several rational, polite, respectful posts on that site.
    That was your first mistake, Luke, they don't understand the concept.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Hard to choke down a good number of the comments over there. Amazing collection of wistful, utopian pining ... such as:

"Freedom is about compassion, forbearance, forgiveness and sacrifice ... Freedom is not about doing whatever we want, however we want, to whomever we want. That's chaos."

The implication being, of course, that those daring to withstand the howling chaos are themselves criminals. Hm. That's a stretch, to say the least.

The "chaotic" are the criminals. The rest of us are those seeking to defend against them, hopefully effectively so. By any means possible, when it comes right down to it. Via deadly weaponry, if forced to do so. No matter the cost to the criminal ... even if it kills him.

The right to life, and the defense of it. That's a freedom worth fighting for.

Some prefer to rely upon "waxing compassionate" to survive violent predation by criminals. Thinking free citizens, on the other hand, prefer to have a bit more-substantial ability to survive such things. Thankfully, most have not yet had THAT freedom stripped from us by our petty tyrants.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    I went there and posted a few things. I hope I don't get reported to some government agency now.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Distinguished Member
    I posted the following to that FB page in response to the NORC/GSS survey showing a decline in gun ownership:

"According to the NORC/GSS website: Since 1994 the surveys consisted of interview ~ 1,500 people... That's right 1,500 and only taken during even numbered years. Given the current US population of more than 314 Million people, that means the sample size for this survey is somewhere around 5 ten-thousandths of 1 percent. For every 1 US citizen included in this survey, there are close to 210,000 US citizens who were NOT asked about gun ownership."

Well, as you might have expected, my post was deleted and I am banned from further posting there (a single tear runs down my cheek)... there was one reply to me however, suggesting that I didn't take statistics in college and that a 0.0005% sample size was just fine. While this may hold true for quality control inspection in a pencil factory, it certain is insufficient to take the pulse of the US population.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Considering there are that many people in my apartment complex, I don't think that's a realistic sample...
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links