When Regular Ammo Isn't Good Enough Anymore?

This is a discussion on When Regular Ammo Isn't Good Enough Anymore? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Anybody ever heard of this stuff, or have any experience with it?? Interesting one minute video contained in the link. Ready Reserve Ammo Ready Reserve ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: When Regular Ammo Isn't Good Enough Anymore?

VIP Member

Question When Regular Ammo Isn't Good Enough Anymore?

Anybody ever heard of this stuff, or have any experience with it??

Interesting one minute video contained in the link.

Ready Reserve Ammo

Ready Reserve Ammo
    Today's modern weapons demand clean, high quality ammunition to work properly. Any dirt, dust, corrosion, rust, or defects can cause precision hand guns and rifles to misfire, jam, or can even cause damage to the weapon. Since the modern cartridge was developed, about 150 years ago, ammunition has been sold in a box, a cardboard box. The future of ammunition packaging is here, AMMO IN A CAN.

Ammo In a Can is a patented process that removes the atmosphere from inside the can and replaces it with dry, inert nitrogen gas. Without moisture or oxygen in the can, the ammunition does not deteriorate, corrode, or rust. This gives the ammo an indefinite shelf life, regardless of the environment outside the can. The can is enameled to insulate the rounds from electrolysis. Just use the pop-top lid to open and the plastic overcap will give the remaining rounds reasonable containment and protection from the elements. No box to fall apart and spill ammunition everywhere.

The ammunition is easily transported inside the can and fits neatly in a coat or jacket pocket, try doing that with a cardboard box. Sealed tight in the can, your ammunition will store for a lifetime or more, it can be passed down from generation to generation, easily cached if need be, and stored safely in a metal can.

These are all NEW rounds, NOT reloads. The ammo and the can are all made in the United States of America!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    With my Food Saver I can I can accomplish basically the same thing vacuum pack and seal ammo by removing the air and moisture. Using my reloaded ammo I can even reduce the price to much less than they charge.

FoodSaver®
    glockman10mm and Poseidon like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Desicant (sp) packs in my ammo cans accomplish the same thing.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Besides what's the problem with shooting a BG with a nicely patinaed bullet!

Solution in search of a problem?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    Anybody ever heard of this stuff, or have any experience with it??

Interesting one minute video contained in the link.

Ready Reserve Ammo

Ready Reserve Ammo
    Today's modern weapons demand clean, high quality ammunition to work properly.
    Mine don't.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Marketing . . . ala P.T. Barnum
    msgt/ret, bmcgilvray, sgb and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

"Today's modern weapons demand clean, high quality ammunition to work properly."

And yesterdays old-fashioned weapons could just get along on any old grungy ammunition?

The very first sentence shows a lack of reason.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    "Today's modern weapons demand clean, high quality ammunition to work properly."

And yesterdays old-fashioned weapons could just get along on any old grungy ammunition?

The very first sentence shows a lack of reason.
    You can tell they ain't black powder shooters.
    bmcgilvray, archer51 and mlr1m like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I store all of my ammo in 10% Humidity at a constant 62.25 degrees F in a blend that is 78.09% nitrogen by volume. Colorado's finest. Can't beat that with pure Nitrogen.

Good grief, I just shot some 50+ year old Greek M2 in the Garand recently... my shoulder (and the targets) seemed to think it worked just fine.

And at the cheap end of the scale, when I was around 12 I shot some 1930 vintage .22 Long ammo (I swear it must have been loaded with black powder, the muzzle flash was so intense) that had been lying around with no special storage measures. Worked just fine.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

If they'd pack some Mountain House Beef Stroganoff in the same can I may be interested.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    It ain't cheap that's for sure. $21.95 for 50 rounds of 9mm.

"With a reloadable brass case, this ammunition is a great combination of economy and performance. Perfect for training or target practice when you don't need an expensive hollow point bullet. This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases."

Apparently their biggest selling point is that is has a re-loadable brass case, it may even be more re-loadable than other brass cases, who knows
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

sgb
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Marketing . . . ala P.T. Barnum
    Ding, ding, ding .......... we have a WINNER.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I once plundered a family friend's pile of junk and found about 50 rounds of .22lr in a disintegrated wood box. Half of them I dug out of the sand. I asked and he said they had to have been out there AT LEAST 25 years. We shot them and not a single missfire... IDK about like-new power, but the bullets went flying...
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links