Jimenez JA 380

Jimenez JA 380

This is a discussion on Jimenez JA 380 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Took it out a fired it today for the 1st time. 50 rounds 2 miss loads. I shot better with it than my pt111. I ...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 3 Post By rammerjammer
  • 5 Post By OPFOR
  • 2 Post By glockman10mm
  • 1 Post By GunnyBunny

Thread: Jimenez JA 380

Jimenez JA 380

Took it out a fired it today for the 1st time. 50 rounds 2 miss loads. I shot better with it than my pt111. I was surprised at how well this cheap gun worked. I would recommend it to anyone wanting an inexpensive hand gun. Now like I said only 50 rounds shot so far but I'm very happy with my $110 purchase.

Well, have a jam once. The manual o ams to clear it is more than you will be able to do under stress, no matter how much you train. My advice to one o my students who had one (when she asked ater a jam) was "Throw it at him. He wont have any better chance o clearing it than you did, less even, and run." As it turns out, she was in a deensive encounter. She shot the guy twice in the chest and threw the then jammed gun into his temple. THAT put him down, whereas a 480 through the heart and the lung did not. BTW, he recovered fully from the wounds. He was out o the hospital in less than a week. She went with a GLOCK 19 after that, and used a high quality defensive round.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

2 malfunctions out of 50 rounds is not good place to start with a recommendation.
    DrahtDog, Brad426 and Secret Spuk like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

VIP Member
    "Jimenez" is not a good place to start with a recommendation...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by justbob1 View Post
    Took it out a fired it today for the 1st time. 50 rounds 2 miss loads. I shot better with it than my pt111. I was surprised at how well this cheap gun worked. I would recommend it to anyone wanting an inexpensive hand gun. Now like I said only 50 rounds shot so far but I'm very happy with my $110 purchase.
    I gotta say up front, I wouldnt carry it. However, we have to take people at the level they are at, so, I would like to say that I am happy that you like the gun. And ,if you are going to use it, shoot it more to give you a better idea of how it will actually work. I have seen gun cost 10x the amount have as many failures or more in the first 50.

BUT, I would look into upgrading as soon as possible. But if it is your first gun, then you will learn these things one way or the other on your own.
    JD and Brad426 like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Given the track record of Jimenez. I would consider an upgrade. I had a gentleman in one of my classes using one. He couldnt fire more than two shots before it would jam up.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    2 malfunctions out of 50 rounds is not good place to start with a recommendation.
    Especially if they're the FIRST TWO in an SD situation.
    rammerjammer likes this.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    ... As it turns out, she was in a deensive encounter. She shot the guy twice in the chest and threw the then jammed gun into his temple. THAT put him down, whereas a 480 through the heart and the lung did not....
    And you don't think that in the time it took for her to realize she had a jam, attempt to clear it, and throw the gun that just maybe his half compromised respiratory system, lowered blood pressure, and pericardium filling with blood that was diverted from his brain had anything to do with it?

Brother I'm not a gun snob by any means but Jennings and Jemenez I would have to say no ! and if your looking for a cheap back up for a hundred more could I suggest a Kel Tec 380 . Good luck to you .
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.
    NRA Member - GRNC Member
    Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

Sponsored Links