Need HELP Please

This is a discussion on Need HELP Please within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hi , some of you may know my story from the wi cc permit count thread . A few months back , i had too ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Gforty
  • 2 Post By gasmitty

Thread: Need HELP Please

Need HELP Please

Hi , some of you may know my story from the wi cc permit count thread .

A few months back , i had too fight like Hell too clear my name . To get a CC Permit from WI .

Some Guy used my name in a crime in California in 1988 , So I had too go through alot of Red Tape & Hell , and alot of Cash , too clear my name and record . I was finally able too get my Wi CC permit in June won my appeal .

Here's where it gets Sticky , N.I.C.S. will not permit me too own or purchase a Long Gun !!

I can buy as many hand guns as i can afford , But The Feds say No too me and long Guns .........

I thought that My record was all cleared up , from the case of mistakin ID , Well it is with the State of WI , But Not at all with the Feds .

I talked too a N.I.C.S. Operator Supervisor and they say Basically Too Bad So Sad for you ! I told them that I had successfully won my appeal too get my CC permit and that Wi & Cal DOJ had corrected my record .

So I said too the N.I.C.S. Operator "So I can only use half of my 2nd amendment rights" And they said that's right Sir ! *** ???

How can I Legally Have a CC permit and Carry a Loaded Gun , But Not have the Right too buy or own a deer Hunting Rifle ????

It makes ZERO Seance too Me , and i don't have anymore money left too Fight them !!

Please any Help would be greatly appreciated on this Matter .

Thank You

2. Remove Ads

I think you have to make a case to the Attorney General of WI, and maybe even the Governor of WI, to get this corrected.

I hope you get it corrected.

Luke
    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
    John 3:16

Since your issue is with the feds, I'd suggest writing a letter to either your Senator or Congressional Representative asking for their help.

You might even want to post the draft letter here and request comments....
    paramedic70002 and First Sgt like this.

Thanks for some ideas Guys , I'm Really mentally Exhausted with all the Bull Crap there putting me through !

All this Mess because of some Jack A$$ used my name in a robbery in california , Take my advice sign up for life lock , i did after the fact ............

Other than attempting to have your congressman or senators intervene on your behalf you need to contact an attorney to deal with the issue.

Senators seem to have more clout than congressmen. Unfortunately in Wisconsin Ron Johnson is the only senator available since Herb Kohl is packing it in.

As to NICS it is just like most of the government agencies, many asinine rules/regs/laws and many employees that will listen to nothing. With them its "rules is rules". Good luck.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Contact , Ron Johnson in an election year ? I think my odds would be better too get hit by lightning .......

When I call anyone in Government i get the Voicemail Game or the person says , contact this Department , then they say wrong Dept & so on , can't get anywhere or answers .
    I feel like Criminals get better treatment than a honest law abiding citizen like myself ...

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead68 View Post
    ...When I call anyone in Government i get the Voicemail Game or the person says , contact this Department , then they say wrong Dept & so on , can't get anywhere or answers ...
    Since you will be trying to explain a complicated issue, I would NOT bother with calling; you'd end up speaking with a Secretary or an aide (they probably will not have a clue about your issues).

That's why I suggested WRITING A LETTER; it's harder to ignore or sidestep. You could even send it Certified with Return Receipt Requested; (costs more but you're sure they got it).

Best of luck. A well written certified letter will more than likely get you farther than a bonehead at the other end of phone.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I agree a letter is going too have too be Drafted and mailed , I just really don't have anymore money for Legal Fees .

I really thought that once i received my CC Permit after all the legal paper work i sent them , that won my appeal , would have cleared my name across the board .

It really does'nt make any sense , too beable too walk around with a 44 Mag tucked into my pants . But can't buy a rifle too hunt with ? God i thought all this BS was behind me !

BUMP Too get more opinions

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

You've gotten several opinions already, it doesn't seem like you've followed up on them, and you want more?

You absolutely need to start with the Congressman from your district. You can't just brush that aside with a "that'll never happen" retort. Follow up on it.

You also need to thoroughly research your own state's gun laws. In less than 10 minutes I found a few sources on the new that refer to the WI statutes, and the NICS check only applies when you buy a long arm from a FFL. Have you even considered a private party sale/purchase?

You have a legitimate beef and your frustration is understandable, but your impatience isn't going to solve your problem any faster. Run each of the helpful suggestions above down to ground, one by one. Be logical and methodical. And if you do send letters (highly recommended), run spell check and have someone review them for content before you mail them.
    pgrass101 and Pkupmn98 like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I have called my state congressman's office four times , to no avail . i have filled out the NICS denial form for long gun .

Sent certified letters to both wiconsin DOJ & California . It seems the problem lies with the DOJ of Cali , they have cleared my name with wi , but have not updated my record with the FBI . And yes i have bought a long gun via private sale , but I should'nt have too go underground . I have'nt ever broken the law , all this Bull$hit is because of mistakin id . I have sent out my finger prints too every law department , i have been asked too .
    Spent thousands months ago with a lawyer , and all that did was win my appeal for my Wi CC Permit . Was told everything was all cleared up too , Unless you have unlimited cash too throw at this , Nobody in The Government can careless . Sorry that i seem to be IMPATIANCE , But I pay my Taxes and am a Law abiding Citizin Of the Great United States of America . Where illeagal immagrents have more rights than I do !! I only posted my problem on this site because i thought there might be somebody with a Law background that could help me out . There's more replies too a Ford truck thread here . Thanks Anyways , I won't bother with asking for Help here anymore .

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    Sorry you have had to go through this and are so upset, but the reality of the situation is that you were given good advice to contact your US Senators, US Representative, CA DOJ and fill out the federal form to appeal the NICS rejection. My guess is that a good ethical lawyer would tell you the same thing before they would get involved. And they might not be able to do much more.

NICS can be refusing for several reasons, I'ld ask for the specific reasons and make sure that's it. You can also apply for a NICS ID # to distinguish you from everyone else that may have the same name, etc..... and in that process, this may help it all come to the surface and get resolved.

Writing your reps, is a good idea as well.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Links