Glock 19 Gen 4 which color black or Flat Dark Earth??

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen 4 which color black or Flat Dark Earth?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You guys are making me want to buy my first Glock!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 4 which color black or Flat Dark Earth??

You guys are making me want to buy my first Glock!

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Will FDE make it more accurate?
    Of course! Everybody knows that!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Quote Originally Posted by miller_man View Post
    Of course! Everybody knows that!
    As I thought. I'm heading out the door to grap some spray paint right now.

Sorry, just being sarcastic. I just find it comical that people care about the aesthetics of their firearms. Unless it's going into a display case, I don't care one bit about color. When buying my PMAGs for my LMT the salesman thought I was crazy for buying black, OD and FDE. Told him I didn't name my rifle Barbie, so I could give a S#%< less if her clothes color coordinated.
    If my weapons are all named Frankenstein but are Old Faithful reliable, my give a darn meter is pegged on empty as far as looks.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    I don't doubt for a minute a FDE would cost your dealer a little more if they are in fact an exclusively through Lipsey's.

GLOCK 19 Gen 4 Flat Dark Earth
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    ....and for all the comments from Glock neo-phytes.....no the FDE does not make it more accurate, not that any of you could probably tell if it did.

I RESEMBLE THAT REMARK!!!

(six years a Certified Glock Armorer)

excuse me for being blunt, but your gun dealer guy is a putz. Who cares what color he likes or does not like? You're buying it, not him. Since FDE Glocks are hard to get, he may be embarrassed that he does not have access to them even if he wanted to.

BTW, M&P's are offered in FDE and so are Springfield XD's. Its a nice change of pace from the regular black.

....and I won't muddy up the waters to tell you how much more I was offered for my OD Green Glocks over and above what I paid for them two years ago. It's a sick price. Go to Gunbroker and search for OD green Glocks. Prices are through the roof.

....and for all the comments from Glock neo-phytes.....no the FDE does not make it more accurate, not that any of you could probably tell if it did.
    Thanks for all the help guys, I am going to do my best to get the FDE. Without going into details the dealer owned me a favor and said he would sell me any gun at his cost. It was assumed a gun that he had in stock and I can get a hell of a deal on the black Glock 19 Gen 4 but I told him I really want the FDE so anyway I am suppose to stop in and see him Tuesday and see if we can order the FDE in and how much more over the black it will be. I will keep you all posted on what happens and post pics soon of new toy.

Whoa there, champ. No ones questioning the Golden Calf. Cut down on the red meat.

I think the FDE looks pretty sweet. They seem to carry a pretty high premium though. Not sure how much extra I'd pay for it but all things close to equal (within $50 or so), I'd pick FDE.

I got great news yesterday my dealer buddy has one Flat Dark Earth Glock and yes it is exactly what I was looking for. Glock 19 Gen4 Flat Dark Earth; I could not have been more lucky. I am going to get it today he saved it for me; price is $500 plus tax and and I know this is great deal. His normal price would have been $550 but I gave him a golf club awhile back and so this is return favor. I hope to post some pictures and will give range report when I get some rounds thru it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links