Glock 19 Gen 4 which color black or Flat Dark Earth??

This is a discussion on Glock 19 Gen 4 which color black or Flat Dark Earth?? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have never had a glock before and picking up a Glock 19 Gen4. Should I stick with tradional black or give the Flat Dark ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Glock 19 Gen 4 which color black or Flat Dark Earth??

Glock 19 Gen 4 which color black or Flat Dark Earth??

I have never had a glock before and picking up a Glock 19 Gen4. Should I stick with tradional black or give the Flat Dark Earth a try? I kind of like FDE what do you guys think?

2. Remove Ads

go for it. don't see them every day.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

Distinguished Member
    Just bought myself my first glock this evening, its just the good ol black but I deff dig the FDE. I will have one eventually, I agree - go for it.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I say, go for the Dark Earth. I have a G23 OD green that was before the Dark Earth and they have discontinued that color. Im glad that I got it.....

Yea... Dark Earth gets my vote. You can get the black ones anywhere at any time.

Don't forget to post us some pics when you get it!
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

good point. should they someday discontinue that color your gun could appreciate in value.
    My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

I have gun dealer buddy that owes me a favor and can get me a G19 Gen 4 black for like $450 NIB. I am trying to get him to order me a Flat Dark Earth at his cost but he hates the color so bad he doesn't want to! I will be seeing him Tuesday and I hope I can talk him into this because like you guys I love the FDE!

Quote Originally Posted by burttrans View Post
    I have gun dealer buddy that owes me a favor and can get me a G19 Gen 4 black for like $450 NIB. I am trying to get him to order me a Flat Dark Earth at his cost but he hates the color so bad he doesn't want to! I will be seeing him Tuesday and I hope I can talk him into this because like you guys I love the FDE!
    he doesn't want to sell you the FDE Glock at his cost because he can sell it for a lot more than the regular black. Don't let him blow smoke up your butt. He's making excuses that are money related.

I did not pay regular Glock prices for this one.......and I'm a very good customer at my local GS that ususally gets pretty good deals.

FDE Glock 17, 3rd Gen

AZJD1968 likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

I know what you are saying but he hates the color so much he said he has not ordered any and has no plans to order any! I know $450 for the black gen 4 is a great deal; how much more do you think the FDE would be worth?

Will FDE make it more accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    Will FDE make it more accurate?
    Absolutely it will not make it more accurate; I just think the FDE is cool. What can I say I am sure I would love the black also but I like to be a little different.

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    he doesn't want to sell you the FDE Glock at his cost because he can sell it for a lot more than the regular black. Don't let him blow smoke up your butt. He's making excuses that are money related.

I did not pay regular Glock prices for this one.......and I'm a very good customer at my local GS that ususally gets pretty good deals.

FDE Glock 17, 3rd Gen

Nice Zonker.... When did you get that one? and did I miss the post of the pics?
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

if money is tight, then get the black at a good price. if it's not so much, then get the FDE, even if you have to pay more for it. if you tell your friend that you ARE going to buy the FDE regardless of whether it's from him or not, i suspect he'll order one for you. what's happened to, "the customer is always right"?
    Arborigine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by burttrans View Post
    I know what you are saying but he hates the color so much he said he has not ordered any and has no plans to order any! I know $450 for the black gen 4 is a great deal; how much more do you think the FDE would be worth?
    excuse me for being blunt, but your gun dealer guy is a putz. Who cares what color he likes or does not like? You're buying it, not him. Since FDE Glocks are hard to get, he may be embarrassed that he does not have access to them even if he wanted to.

BTW, M&P's are offered in FDE and so are Springfield XD's. Its a nice change of pace from the regular black.

....and I won't muddy up the waters to tell you how much more I was offered for my OD Green Glocks over and above what I paid for them two years ago. It's a sick price. Go to Gunbroker and search for OD green Glocks. Prices are through the roof.

....and for all the comments from Glock neo-phytes.....no the FDE does not make it more accurate, not that any of you could probably tell if it did.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

FDE all the way! Even if you have to pay a little more for it. Get exactly what you want. You will sooner or later anyway, and you'll just spend more money doing it!
    Question Everything!

I like the od green even better than fde. But I like fde much better than black. I say go for it. I get tired of seeing all black glocks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links