newborn pics - Page 2

newborn pics

This is a discussion on newborn pics within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Come on... Firearms on either side of a kid?!?!? You gotta wait till they can HOLD the weapon before you get pics... COME ON!!! hahaha...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: newborn pics

Come on... Firearms on either side of a kid?!?!? You gotta wait till they can HOLD the weapon before you get pics... COME ON!!! hahaha
    cfd335 likes this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

go for it. i did. who cares what others think. its your child. some of the outfits people put them in are more "harmful" than a gun that weighs more than they do that they wont be able to pick up, aim, shoot, will ever be. all they do for the first 2-3 months is sleep, eat, poop, and cry. use you own camera. i wouldnt pay to have someone take those pictures though. to many "do-gooders" out there that might turn you in, or report you for stupid child endangerment stuff.

i put my ar across my first borns child seat when he was alseep. he put his hand on it, and smiled. having your kid(s) picture taken with a gun (inanimate object) is no more dangerous than them having their picture taken with the family dog. the dog (highly unlikely since it is the family pet) could turn and bite your baby in the face or on its head that is VERY delicate before you could bat an eye. your baby is not physically capable of picking up any firearm or rifle with out you noticing.

Ok then take a Picture with your kids holding a CRACK PIPE TOO !

Because you must be on Crack , Too think that newborns taking a pic with Guns is ART !

JMO .

Lol the same thought crossed my mind but I agree it's a bad idea. Even when it's a picture, it can be interpreted differently from how you meant it. Heaven forbid something happen to one of your kids and that picture come up. But I think it's natural to think " my kid is awesome and so are my guns. A picture of them together would be the most awesome thing ever!" then think it over again

I guess if all you got was good advice you'd have nothing to measure it against...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by cfd335 View Post
    i put my ar across my first borns child seat when he was alseep. he put his hand on it, and smiled. having your kid(s) picture taken with a gun (inanimate object) is no more dangerous than them having their picture taken with the family dog. the dog (highly unlikely since it is the family pet) could turn and bite your baby in the face or on its head that is VERY delicate before you could bat an eye. your baby is not physically capable of picking up any firearm or rifle with out you noticing.
    This is not the point. Guns are a hot topic in this country now. I took a road trip recently and I listened to a lot of politics on Sirius satellite radio. On the leftist channel, there were constant talks about gun laws. There are determined groups of people that see the need for serious gun law reform. They have the perception that gun owners are irrational single-issue voters. Scenarios like the one described in the OP adds more substance to their argument.

Yeah, what the OP is talking about is not really a big deal, but that doesn't mean it's smart or tasteful. It seems immature. The left is trying to convince other Americans that guns are bad and people can't be trusted with them. No reason to help them out.

Seems a bit inappropriate.

Just my opinion, but I would save the gun pictures for when your child is old enough to handle them, with your supervision.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

To quote the cool kids on the corner: hells to the nah.

Extremely distasteful.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Bad idea! Unless you are a gangsta rapper
    Glock 20sf, Glock 19 gen4, Glock 26 gen3, Colt 1911 Series 80

sounds tacky to me
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

name a reason why this is a stupid idea. its not your kid, and you wont be looking at his/her pictures. and explain to us how a gun next to a baby is anything remotely like a crack pipe. who really cares what is a hot topic and whats not. im not trying to start an argument but it seems like a lot of people on here need to lighten up a bit. its not like he is putting a lit firecracker in his babies hand for a 4th of july picture. erdoc, i say go for it. its your kid. you raise it how you see fit. you teach you kid the reason/meaning of guns, how to take care of them, what to do if they ever come across one, and to have respect for them. its a picture for crying out loud people.

Quote Originally Posted by cfd335 View Post
    name a reason why this is a stupid idea. its not your kid, and you wont be looking at his/her pictures. and explain to us how a gun next to a baby is anything remotely like a crack pipe. who really cares what is a hot topic and whats not. im not trying to start an argument but it seems like a lot of people on here need to lighten up a bit. its not like he is putting a lit firecracker in his babies hand for a 4th of july picture. erdoc, i say go for it. its your kid. you raise it how you see fit. you teach you kid the reason/meaning of guns, how to take care of them, what to do if they ever come across one, and to have respect for them. its a picture for crying out loud people.
    Read the whole thread... there are the reasons. And it's not like we are all butting in, cause he, you know, asked. You can be the dentist that doesn't recommend Trident, it's cool.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

It would be funny and something for a personal laugh but for me Idk if I would make em public. All that has been said is opinion, and you are entitled to your own as well.

Congrats on the new addition to the fam! Nothing better!!! My oldest starts preschool tomorrow.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Hey, ask people's opinion and you are likely to get them. If you don't want to hear any that don't agree with yours, why bother asking. If someone asks, then they have somewhat of a clue that others may not concur.

-Would it "hurt" anything? No. Likely, the guns would just lay there.
    -Would a majority of people that saw the picture think "OK, that's just weird"? Probably.
    -Do you care what other people think? Probably not. Do what you want, just realize that it will probably be viewed by most (not all) as strange.
    -As far as promoting the 2A agenda, it would not help.

In the end, if your wife says no, then that's your best bet. No sense in making your life more difficult.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links