Shooting 9mm from a 12 g

Shooting 9mm from a 12 g

This is a discussion on Shooting 9mm from a 12 g within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; yea i could use a weed whacker to mow my lawn, but that doesn't mean i want to....

Thread: Shooting 9mm from a 12 g

Shooting 9mm from a 12 g

yea i could use a weed whacker to mow my lawn, but that doesn't mean i want to.

My metal band: Born under Sirius

Glock 23, mic holster, clipdraw, abdominal carry.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I'm lost......but that happens.

For those of us who are not familiar Or trained on the manual Of arms forweed wackers could you explain what this has to do with guns?

Don't be afraid to use pictures, diagrams, and sock puppets for folks like me that really have no clue what this is about.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post

For those of us who are not familiar Or trained on the manual Of arms forweed wackers could you explain what this has to do with guns?

Don't be afraid to use pictures, diagrams, and sock puppets for folks like me that really have no clue what this is about.
    What he means is even though now you can apparently shoot handgun calibers out of your 12 gauge shotgun, why would you really want to?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JayTee View Post
    What he means is even though now you can apparently shoot handgun calibers out of your 12 gauge shotgun, why would you really want to?

Ooh ok is there a device that does? Did I miss a link? Or is this just a statement/ moment to reflect on something?
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post

a weed whacker has the capability to mow lawns. it would take along time, and probably not look very nice but it would be cut. so while a weed whacker can mow lawns, it is not the proper tool for the job.

the same can be said for shooting handgun rounds out of a shotgun. just because this guy decided to buy a lathe and make adapters to do it, does not mean a shotgun is the right tool for the job, nor does it mean that the job will be done well.

edit, simulpost. it's the youtube video. a guy made a bunch of adapters to allow you to shoot other rounds through a shotgun. in case you can't see the video inbedded in my post here is a link to the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4PB...yer_embedded#!

Novelty item with little practical purpose. I suppose if your hunting and wanted to use .22 for small game...maybe. but other then that, I don't see a real practical purpose.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty View Post
    a weed whacker has the capability to mow lawns. it would take along time, and probably not look very nice but it would be cut. so while a weed whacker can mow lawns, it is not the proper tool for the job.

the same can be said for shooting handgun rounds out of a shotgun. just because this guy decided to buy a lathe and make adapters to do it, does not mean a shotgun is the right tool for the job, nor does it mean that the job will be done well.

edit, simulpost. it's the youtube video. a guy made a bunch of adapters to allow you to shoot other rounds through a shotgun. in case you can't see the video inbedded in my post here is a link to the video. Shooting 9mm from a 12 gauge ?? Shotgun Chamber Adapters - YouTube

Ok I must have missed the link.

Quote Originally Posted by diver1102 View Post
    Novelty item with little practical purpose. I suppose if your hunting and wanted to use .22 for small game...maybe. but other then that, I don't see a real practical purpose.
    yea ok, i can see the 22 if you are shotgun hunting, but even then, you'd be better off with a pt-22 in your pocket than lobbing 22 bullets down the bore of a shotgun with no rifling in what appears to be about a 1" barrel on the adapter.

Sponsored Links