Range/Store employees gun handling, fail - Page 2

Range/Store employees gun handling, fail

This is a discussion on Range/Store employees gun handling, fail within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BugDude I want to say something, but this is the only range anywhere remotely around and is less than 10 minutes from ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Range/Store employees gun handling, fail

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I want to say something, but this is the only range anywhere remotely around and is less than 10 minutes from my house. I don't want to peeve these guys off because I buy guns, ammo, gear, range time, etc.

If it were just one person, I'd say something. But I've seen it with several of them. Any thoughts?
    A life is worth correcting this problem, particularly since it's ongoing and endemic. I, too, would probably determine who the owner is, and lay out the simple reality. So the staff gets cranky or bummed. So what.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

This issue just continues to bother me...I think I'm going to write a letter and mail it as a concerned patron. It is just too important to let it go.
    WHEC724, shooterX and ccw9mm like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Distinguished Member Array miller_man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I was originally reading this thread last night when I was distracted by family duties. However, these two sentences stuck with me:

"The case beside us was the rental gun case and I noticed a 1911 sitting in there cocked and the safety off. I notified the store employee helping us and he opened the cabinet, reached in, and pulled the trigger. "

That's a level of stupid that I just can't tolerate. That employee is going to ND in short order - it's just a matter of when and whether it hits anyone or not. No convenience of range, guns, ammo or other goodies is worth risking my life over. I'd speak to both the employee and the owner. Their reaction would determine if I ever set foot in there again.
    That sounds like about what I would do. I think a phone call or email would be better (quicker). It literally could save a life. I'm thankful my gun range/store is very safety minded.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

VIP Member
    As much as you don't want to ruffle feathers, sometimes it is necessary. Discuss it calmly and politely with the owner/manager and give the a chance to fix it. If that doesn't work, find another range.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links