WI Sikh temple was a GFZ. Bonus smart and stupid comments.

This is a discussion on WI Sikh temple was a GFZ. Bonus smart and stupid comments. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Temple massacre has some Sikhs mulling gun ownership | Fox News Although the religion teaches tolerance and good deeds, some believe arming themselves could be ...

Thread: WI Sikh temple was a GFZ. Bonus smart and stupid comments.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

WI Sikh temple was a GFZ. Bonus smart and stupid comments.

Temple massacre has some Sikhs mulling gun ownership | Fox News

Although the religion teaches tolerance and good deeds, some believe arming themselves could be the best protection against hate crimes that have too frequently been perpetrated by assailants who mistake them for Muslims.
    So attacking Muslims is OK? Where are all the stories of Muslim religious services being attacked?

“I think that being able to legally obtain and carry a gun is the best thing any Sikh can do, especially after 9/11 where there have been over 800 documented cases of harassment and violence against us,” Sim J. Singh
    +++

Sikhs are split about the issue, and some say that the Wisconsin tragedy has made them consider getting a permit to carry a gun for self-defense.
    Does that surprise anyone?

“Our prophet said we should protect ourselves, and protect those who cannot defend themselves. He made sure that every [Sikh man] should carry a weapon,” Rajwinder Singh said.
    And how does that translate into the modern world? Bueller?

“And now I know why my prophet says that I should carry a Kirpan. He saw that people should have some kind of protection.”
    Lightbulb!!!

Guns were not allowed in the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin.“No guns [were] allowed in the temple,” Kulbir Singh, an attendee of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin, told FoxNews.com. “Everyone knows that it’s not allowed, anywhere in the temple.”
    There's one problem.

“A gun can harm somebody. I never even think about owning a gun,” said Maninder Arora, a practicing Sikh in Hartford, Conn., who owns a Liberty Tax Services franchise.
    A practicing Sikh who presumably carries a knife to defend self and others. Wow.

...he would rather put his faith in the legal system. “We have a system where cops can arrive anywhere in a few minutes. In the [Wisconsin shooting] situation, the officer was there in about four minutes.”
    Not at my house. But apparently a spree killing that lasts for only a few minutes "until the cops show up" is OK with this Mr. Singh.

“Carrying a Kirpan is part of our religion… if you think about our history… at that time it was a necessity for protection… the cops or the police were on horses. There was no telephone. Somebody had to run to where the officer was. But now, look at the technology. The way the technology is going, maybe the officers will soon be there in two minutes, rather than four minutes.”
    Yeah, look at the technology. Until I can push a clothing mounted panic button and get Star Trek transported to the nearest police station, I'll stick with lead.

“Sometimes the police are not able to arrive in time,” Sim Singh said.
    Sometimes. Like never.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Reality bites. But sometimes it can't quite bite hard enough, to open eyes.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well if the police are on site when It happens most likely they were watching you.
    LEo by no fault of their own are seldom on site or the target.
    Old say goes:
    Call the pizza man
    The fire department
    And a LEO see who shows up first and last. In Milwaukee WI it might take two days for LEO to get there.
    You safety and defense of those around you is in you hands.
    There are nut cases everywhere.

Links