Youtube Demos

This is a discussion on Youtube Demos within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am amazed at the number of Youtube demos and reviews of just about every firearm out there! Many of them are excellent for honest ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By IAm_Not_Lost
  • 1 Post By ghost tracker

Thread: Youtube Demos

Distinguished Member

Youtube Demos

I am amazed at the number of Youtube demos and reviews of just about every firearm out there! Many of them are excellent for honest critiques and downright excellent shooting. Some of them are guys just shooting the bull about their latest purchase. This isn't bad, honest, but you see that they're just joe-bag-o-donuts regarding firearm knowledge.

Then there are, in my opinion, the real yahoos that have no business holding a weapon. I was interested in a firearm, went to Youtube and searched it. I watched this guy sweep his photographer five times in 90 seconds. Yes, we always treat every firearm as loaded. In this case, four times it was "unloaded", the fifth time it was loaded. I did comment to that affect. Wonder if and what the response will be.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

2. Remove Ads

I always watch reviews of items Ive purchased or want to purchase. I love Youtube for that fact, and there are some really educational videos on there. Plus I subscribe to about 30 channels, mostly all dedicated to guns or weapons/knives and now starting to watch some "prepping" videos. Of course guns aren't my only passion and I watch some tech videos like Engadget and the NewEgg channel.

I agree about the douches that have no business on there with a gun of any type. I also dont like the cocky commando wanna be's.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    There are some good ones. Hickok45, Military Arms, Cory and Erika, tnoutdoors9 exc. exc. Nutnfancy is alright occasionally, if you have 2 hours or so to kill. Of course if you just want to get a "look" at the item your looking to buy, almost any channel will do, but when I want to get a better idea about actual quality and reliability I try and see if one the above channel's has done a video.
    aznav likes this.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    I am amazed at the number of Youtube demos and reviews of just about every firearm out there! Many of them are excellent for honest critiques and downright excellent shooting. Some of them are guys just shooting the bull about their latest purchase. This isn't bad, honest, but you see that they're just joe-bag-o-donuts regarding firearm knowledge.

Then there are, in my opinion, the real yahoos that have no business holding a weapon. I was interested in a firearm, went to Youtube and searched it. I watched this guy sweep his photographer five times in 90 seconds. Yes, we always treat every firearm as loaded. In this case, four times it was "unloaded", the fifth time it was loaded. I did comment to that affect. Wonder if and what the response will be.
    You know......I kind of look at things the same way. Thing is......I figure I can do better in a lot of ways. Thing is....I haven't posted any youtube vids (yet) to make things any better. So......I'll defer from commenting on those who have. I've sought plenty of good info on youtube for tying my fishing lines and all has worked out well. Take anything at it's worth.......including me and this forum.
    It's kind of like watching MTV years ago and how it got banned to the cable networks. Hey! If it's trash and you don't wanna watch it.......change the channel. Pretty simple. Don't let the simple rule you.

Hickok45 is my go to guy. He always does a great review and shoots quite a bit.

sgb
    Much like anything on the internet one has to gauge the source quality of the information to determine the validity of its content.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by sgb View Post
    Much like anything on the internet one has to gauge the source quality of the information to determine the validity of its content.
    For every good review there are at least 5 bad ones.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Nobody needs an Internet/armchair and gun safety expert's comments on their YouTube video. It's never been a secret that there is a lot of disparity among members of the gun community in terms of knowledge, experience, and skills. Nobody benefits from publicly brow-beating a YouTuber. If you have a legitimate safety concern, send the guy a PM instead of leaving a comment. This will do two things: allow you to get it off your chest and make you appear less of a tool/nanny/liberal. It may also allow the YTer an opportunity to explain in a friendly private exchange.
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

Once you watch enough you can usually gauge the quality of the video pretty quick. Then you get a few favorites that you know are going to give quality info and mostly stick to them.

I don't bother commenting on the window licker's videos, I just move on to the next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

It's a lot like sitting around a good gun shop listening to the comments, recommendations, observations & spewing pontifications. The faithful regulars, those who spend their gun money uniquely there and measure experience by the number of five-gallons buckets of spent primers sitting around someone's garage, can spot a rookie shooter the minute one walks in the door. Let that rookie start "telling" rather than "asking" and he's gonna' get...his little feelings hurt. The problem with the internet, tacticool, gun ninja, chuckle heads is that they're exempt from scalding rebuke by the anonymity of their "expertise". They must actually believe we desire their opinion. I don't want to hear them. I don't want to shoot with them. I don't want them on a range in my Time Zone!

A video camera & a handgun does NOT make you Annie Oakley, Ed McGivern, Bill Jordan, Skeeter Skelton, Rob Leatham, Jerry Miculek or Bill Hickok. What is it about guns that makes folks who buy one, suddenly an expert? And what is it about the internet that fills them to comical over-flowing with such transparent horse crap?
    bamfsig45 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links