"Because they don't make a .46"

This is a discussion on "Because they don't make a .46" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hahahaha...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: "Because they don't make a .46"

Hahahaha

2. Remove Ads

Then some old geezer comes up with a Webley revolver that accepts the .476 British service cartridge.

Thunder71 likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Then some old geezer comes up with a Webley revolver that accepts the .476 British service cartridge.

OHHHH more pictures please
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandZJ View Post
    Reminds me of the idiotic Chevy vs. Ford vs. Dodge trucks stuff
    MOPAR power!!!!

"Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    OHHHH more pictures please
    Old shabby relic from the Boar War. Webley Mark IV, an officer purchase from the Army & Navy Cooperative Society, London.

Thunder71 and pgrass101 like this.

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

OD*
    Nice!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

I like it, but my wife, who is a true Boer, would probably stick it where the sun don't shine without filing the front sight off first if I brought one of those old Weblys home, lol.
    bmcgilvray likes this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    He'd be the same Texas Ranger carrying a 9mm, .38, or whatever flavor he felt like.
    ...and for the record....according to his book.....the .45acp 1911 is the only sidearm he carried during his career (and still carries on his ranch outside of Alpine, TX)
    he could have carried pretty much whatever he wanted, but he had a 16" Winchester '94 30-30 in the trunk (or in front seat when needed) and always carried the 1911, he also had a lot of other gear and weapons at his disposal
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by RevolvingMag View Post
    MOPAR power!!!!

The 440 V8 turns the earth.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    ...and for the record....according to his book.....the .45acp 1911 is the only sidearm he carried during his career (and still carries on his ranch outside of Alpine, TX)
    he could have carried pretty much whatever he wanted, but he had a 16" Winchester '94 30-30 in the trunk (or in front seat when needed) and always carried the 1911, he also had a lot of other gear and weapons at his disposal
    Thanks, I'm going to have to pick up a copy of his book. One thing, I do not like about him, is his stance on magazine limits, he feels (or did feel) semi-auto rifles should be limited to 5 rounds (I wonder if him carrying a 5 round trapper has anything to to with it? ).

NRA board member Joaquin Jackson, the enemy with in - YouTube
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    This makes no sense to me, I see people post it all the time and it's even in 'funny' pictures - but I don't get it.

If you want to carry the biggest gun, there are bigger guns to carry than a .45, if that's your goal and what makes you feel like a man.

Am I missing something?

Example:
    It's a smart-ass responce when someone asks "why do you carry a 45", implying the person asked should be carrying a smaller caliber. Just like when someone is asked "why do you carry a gun", and they respond with "because a whole cop is to heavy". The person asking should know better, so when they ask a foolish question, they get a snarky answer.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Thanks, I'm going to have to pick up a copy of his book. One thing, I do not like about him, is his stance on magazine limits, he feels (or did feel) semi-auto rifles should be limited to 5 rounds (I wonder if him carrying a 5 round trapper has anything to to with it? ).

NRA board member Joaquin Jackson, the enemy with in - YouTube
    yeah, luckily his opinion is in the minority on the NRA board and with gun owners in general
    I can't go hog hunting with a 5 round mag in my AR when there's 30 hogs in the group

besides...the 2A ain't about hunting.......

and as you'll find out in his book....he had a Captain that utilized a full auto weapon with a mag larger than 10 rounds that was the deciding factor when they stormed the jail to retake it when prisoners had taken over and armed themselves with the Sheriff department's armory

I want more than 5 rounds in my mags when disaster strikes (and I'll add that I had that opinion before I was a cop and support everyone else in having them too)

Ranger Jackson was on a recent episode of American Guns and sold the host a collection of Ranger guns and memorabilia.....I was salivating, hugging my TV
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

VIP Member
    People that say it today make it sound like they are carrying a .45 because it's the largest caliber, because if they made a .46 they'd be carrying that - well, why not carry a .50 (for example).
    I think the point of the original quote was to be funny. ".46" sounds better than ".50" because it's closer to ".45".
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

VIP Member
    This makes no sense to me, I see people post it all the time and it's even in 'funny' pictures - but I don't get it.

If you want to carry the biggest gun, there are bigger guns to carry than a .45, if that's your goal and what makes you feel like a man.

Am I missing something?

Example:
    What I don't get is how you live in the Ammo isle in Walmart. Don't they throw you out at closing?

(Translation - don't think about it too much)

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    What I don't get is how you live in the Ammo isle in Walmart. Don't they throw you out at closing?

(Translation - don't think about it too much)
    Walmarts close? I thought they were all 24/7.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links