"Because they don't make a .46" - Page 5

"Because they don't make a .46"

This is a discussion on "Because they don't make a .46" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Thunder71 I thought you were talking about ammo in an earlier post, it was my understanding that .45 Colt was for revolvers ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: "Because they don't make a .46"

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    I thought you were talking about ammo in an earlier post, it was my understanding that .45 Colt was for revolvers and .45 ACP was for pistols.

If that's not correct, I'll admit to being wr... wr... wr... not as right as I thought. :) However I'm not aware of any 1911 pistol that fires 45 Colt ammo.

I've since made my own... which also won't hold true once the 9mm and .40 are available.

Now an Auto that would fire the 45 Colt that would be a show stopper. Not to mention stopping BG's in the tracks

If your shallow enough, that it has to be explained to, you would be way to shallow to understand........ might be a question you would want to ask your grandpa, or great grandpa, of they ever seved in the military.....
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Wow, don't take it personally there commando.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryMac View Post
    If your shallow enough, that it has to be explained to, you would be way to shallow to understand........ might be a question you would want to ask your grandpa, or great grandpa, of they ever seved in the military.....
    Caliber of weapon is a purpose driven, situation dependent decision. To say the .45 is the answer to call your shooting needs is no different than saying windex will cure all your ills.

And I don't need to ask grandpa, great grandpa or anyone else as I have served in the military since 1986 and have fired the .45 in several variants.

If you have to ask, you probably don't need to know, and might not understand anyway.

OD*
    C'mon, lets keep it civil, I'm sure he got the point long ago.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I get it... as incorrect as 'it' is. The problem is, I don't think some of the smarty pants get MY point. :)

Oh well... it's not really that important for folks to get worked up about and be critical, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    My point remains, the little slogan is no longer valid - although cute.
    These kinds of sayings don't continue to be used because they're accurate or "valid". They continue to be used for their humor, and/or simply because they've been said for so long. In this case, it's like somebody said before, if it has to be explained to you, you probably wouldn't understand it anyway.

The only people that will understand why this is funny are people that either know of its origin or those that have a strong preference for the .45.

The point is not there is/isn't a larger caliber than .45. It's just a joking way to answer the question.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Like I've said... I understand. My whole point is that saying they carry a .45 is because they don't make something bigger is well, wrong. If you find being incorrect funny, or historically neat, hey - whatever floats your boat. :)

For what it's worth, I still tell my kids to roll up the windows. Someday they will bust me on it, and a similar argument will take hold, I'm sure.

For the record, I didn't read all the comments before I posted this. So I understand NOW that the horse has well been beaten to death.
    Civil_Response likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    I like that
    (Luke 11:21 KJV) When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

(Luke 22:36 KJV) Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Honestly, I don't think you're getting it. They don't say that because there's nothing bigger, or because they THINK there's nothing bigger. Again, the point is not to be accurate. It's just a smart ass (can I say that?) answer.

People say a lot of things that aren't "accurate" or "correct", and yet their humor remains.

For instance, "Why is the sky blue?" "Because it's lonely". Well, that's wrong. But that's not the point.

JD
    Administrator
    This isn't the thread you're looking for, move along...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links