A pair of little Savages

This is a discussion on A pair of little Savages within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Finally got my new bottom metal from DIP to complete the Savage MKII FV builds. You need the new metal trigger guard and magazine bottom ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pirate

Thread: A pair of little Savages

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar

A pair of little Savages

Finally got my new bottom metal from DIP to complete the Savage MKII FV builds. You need the new metal trigger guard and magazine bottom metal to add the wood stock. The new Boyd's laminated stock is even better than I expected. On the MKII FV-RS (18.5" threaded barrel) I added a Tactical Innovations muzzle break and at some point likely will add a suppressor to this little rifle. Both have Savage Accutriggers and bull barrels. The FV-RS barrel is fluted. I topped both rifles with BSA Sweet .22 scopes and the FV has a long scope base by EGW. I used Burris rings. The FV-RS comes factory equipped with the long base. I have to say I am please and hope to sight these in this weekend and do some shooting weather permitting.

bmcgilvray likes this.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Nice looking long guns...I'd say that you definitely have the perimeter covered.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

They both look sweet man.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

Very nice IMO. I'm big fan of Boyd's stocks myself.
    You on rimfirecentral.com?

Very nice! Looking into a long range (its a relative term) rifle to mess with myself. Well done.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Very nice IMO. I'm big fan of Boyd's stocks myself.
    You on rimfirecentral.com?
    10/4
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

A lot of great entertainment in those two nice rifles.

They photograph so well with all that green in the background. It's brown and crispy here.
    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

I had my local gun shop order me a Mark II FV/SR this week. I have the Dip bottom metal on order and will order the Boyds Tacticool stock tomorrow.
    along with the scope I intend on mounting a secondary laser sight on it for those late evening varmints. Anyone have a any good options for mounting both a scope and a laser? Is there a mount that will attach below the barrel to accept the rail mount on the laser?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    A lot of great entertainment in those two nice rifles.

They photograph so well with all that green in the background. It's brown and crispy here.
    Yeah we have had a fairly wet August in NC compared to drouth like conditions many states are dealing with. My grass is looking about as good as it ever has.......unfortunately I have to cut it often and I would rather be shooting.

Links