States May Lose Gun Makers Over New Laws

This is a discussion on States May Lose Gun Makers Over New Laws within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I do believe we have some commercial real estate a little West of Houston that would suit their needs. Right on the interstate and relatively ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: States May Lose Gun Makers Over New Laws

I do believe we have some commercial real estate a little West of Houston that would suit their needs. Right on the interstate and relatively close to the port of Houston.
    Maybe Rick Perry will give them a call.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

2. Remove Ads

I'm sure that West Virginia would welcome any firearms makers.

I'd be all for it myself. Come on down, to Wild & Wonderful West Virginia.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Serves them right if that takes place! There are for sure many other States that would welcome them.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    I don't see micro-stamping laws in NY or CT effecting the gun makers that much. While it would effect their sales in those states, the state can not mandate the configuration of guns sold outside of their state.
    The costs increase in areas such as the additional molds/dies required, changed processes (depending on the rqmt, part, technology involved), altered marketing literature and tech specs, engineering time to make it all happen, and the attendant delays to market because of it.

I'd love nothing more than to see all the prime firearms/ammo related firms heading to more-friendly states. More power to 'em, with the only real "loss" being to the citizens of the ejected states. Maybe it'll help hasten the wake-up call that's so desperately needed, though likely not.
    sid1 and msgt/ret like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

We already have Remington, and Doublestar. We will gladly take the rest.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Besides moving out refuse to sell in their states to include LEO.
    phreddy and wraithls1 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

We have Les Baer and Gordy's, and just slightly southwest of me is Cylinder and Slide in Nebraska. Bring 'em.

Best thing the manufacturers can do is just keep making guns the way they do. If they can't sell in NY or CT, well, too bad to those states.

When the populace start getting concerned that there are no new firearms available, maybe they'll do something about the stupid laws. Nah, not enough gun owners to turn the tide, unfortunately.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Just like when California banned the sales of Barrett 50 caliber rifles,IIRC Barrett said no problem,but if your LEO's need to service the weapons the Departments bought they will need to transport them here with an Officer and wait til it's repaired to take possession and transport back to Cali since we will no longer ship ANY firearms to your state.
    If NY passes a micro stamping law,since no gun manufacturer is going to jump on board where will they get the firearms their LEO's will need? I'm sure it won't take them long before they realize they just screwed themselves before they amend it to say any LEO guns don't need to be micro stamped

If Loonberg had his way, NYPD would be replaced with stick wielding bobbies anyways.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The costs increase in areas such as the additional molds/dies required, changed processes (depending on the rqmt, part, technology involved), altered marketing literature and tech specs, engineering time to make it all happen, and the attendant delays to market because of it.

I'd love nothing more than to see all the prime firearms/ammo related firms heading to more-friendly states. More power to 'em, with the only real "loss" being to the citizens of the ejected states. Maybe it'll help hasten the wake-up call that's so desperately needed, though likely not.
    That only comes into play if they make guns compliant to NY and CT standards. They can still market non-compliant guns, just not for sale in those states. Remember it is going to cost them a lot of money to pick up and move. It isn't as easy as saying "Let's go to Florida (or where ever)." They need to either buy existing facilities or build new. They have the cost of moving machinery, tear down and build up expenses, moving personnel, training new personnel. There are a lot of things they have to factor in before a move on the scale we're talking about.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Ok so this has been bugging me for a little while now. I know Colt has been around for a long time so I can figure that much out. That aside, why do gun manufacturers set up shop in anti gun states? If its a major manufacturer, do they not make enough money to go elsewhere?
    "The thing about quotes on the internet is that you can not confirm their validity."
    -Abraham Lincoln

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky. dangerous animals."
    -Agent K

Y'all c'mon down to the republic of Texas.

VIP Member
    New York should have lost every gun maker years ago. How any firearm manufacturer can pay money to a state with such prohibitive gun laws is beyond me.

VIP Member
    And the high taxes there also..
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."*
    -Thomas Jefferson
    "The Constitution shall never be construed ... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms."**
    -Samuel Adams

Bring them on to Missouri! We would love to have them!
    Cape Locum Et Fac Vestigium

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links