States May Lose Gun Makers Over New Laws

This is a discussion on States May Lose Gun Makers Over New Laws within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This could be a wake-up call should New york and Connecticut pass laws in not the best economic times. I'm sure other states would welcome ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: States May Lose Gun Makers Over New Laws

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar

This could be a wake-up call should New york and Connecticut pass laws in not the best economic times. I'm sure other states would welcome Remington Arms Company,and Colt Firearms with open arms.

East Coast gun manufacturers may pick up and move west should New york and Connecticut pass laws that would not only drive up their costs, but in doing so, limit their sales. The reason for such drastic measures is that both New York and Connecticut are looking to mandate firearms microstamping, which would cost the industry, taxpayers and consumers.

Read more: States May Lose Gun Makers Over New Laws : Freedom Outpost
    bigmax likes this.

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    Colt has just opened up shop in Florida I read...I am certain they will be better off out of nanny stated such as NY and CT

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    All gun makers are welcome here in Florida. We welcome new businesses with open arms.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I am so glad I don't live there.
    It's a shame that when those companies flip the bird to their prospective states and leave it's going to cost people jobs. I hope they can relocate all of the employees when they up and move.

VIP Member
    I don't see micro-stamping laws in NY or CT effecting the gun makers that much. While it would effect their sales in those states, the state can not mandate the configuration of guns sold outside of their state. Just like with magazine capacity, NY restricts handguns to 10 round magazines, but that law does not stop makers from selling higher capacity magazines with guns shipped to other states.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

they need to right a SOP on how to drive off business because the seem to have a knack for it

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnycrocket View Post
    Colt has just opened up shop in Florida I read...I am certain they will be better off out of nanny stated such as NY and CT
    The building they bought is 16K square foot, the plant in West Hartford is 100K, they're not moving just yet, although it maybe the start.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Those idiot liberal legislators just don't get it, but hopefully the $$$ loss to the state will get the voters' attention.
    Notice to ALL gun manufacturers: Come on down...the weather is great, and you'll save a ton on snow plowing, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Those idiot liberal legislators just don't get it, but hopefully the $$$ loss to the state will get the voters' attention.
    Notice to ALL gun manufacturers: Come on down...the weather is great, and you'll save a ton on snow plowing, too!
    You would think.

It seems firearms and it's related paraphernalia is one of the few businesses in this economy doing extremely well.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Attention all Gun Manufacturers: Please come to Florida. We welcome your guns, your jobs, and your economic impact!!! Come on down, guys, the water's fine!!!
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Just like when California banned the sales of Barrett 50 caliber rifles,IIRC Barrett said no problem,but if your LEO's need to service the weapons the Departments bought they will need to transport them here with an Officer and wait til it's repaired to take possession and transport back to Cali since we will no longer ship ANY firearms to your state.
    If NY passes a micro stamping law,since no gun manufacturer is going to jump on board where will they get the firearms their LEO's will need? I'm sure it won't take them long before they realize they just screwed themselves before they amend it to say any LEO guns don't need to be micro stamped
    sdprof likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

South Carolina will welcome your guns, your jobs, and your economic impact!!!
    Nothing is finer, than being in Carolina,,,, South Carolina.

Wonder if either will HAVE DISCOUNT STORE,,,,, WE CAN HOPE.
    revldm and phreddy like this.

I have asked my Reps in Oklahoma many times to go after firearms related manufactures in an attempt to bring jobs to our State. We have the resources and the laws they like.

Michael

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1234 View Post
    South Carolina will welcome your guns, your jobs, and your economic impact!!!
    Nothing is finer, than being in Carolina,,,, South Carolina.

Wonder if either will HAVE DISCOUNT STORE,,,,, WE CAN HOPE.
    I say come on down as well. Take a seat next to FNH.
    phreddy likes this.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

It's tough when state government is stupid.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

ďNo possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.Ē

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links