Does your Safe do this?

Does your Safe do this?

This is a discussion on Does your Safe do this? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Something I noticed about my safe. Lets say the last number is zero. Instead of spinning the dial around a couple of times like I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Does your Safe do this?

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar

Does your Safe do this?

Something I noticed about my safe. Lets say the last number is zero. Instead of spinning the dial around a couple of times like I usually do I turned it to left to say 40 then slowly turned it back to the last number.
    And opened the safe.
    Try it with your safe and let me know if that happens to you.
    Like this.
    last # [0]--turn to the left [ not all the way back to [0]then turn it back to your last #. Does your safe open?

See, this is why I keep all my valuables under a loose floor board under the living room rug.

To answer your question, mine does not do that. Neither does the padlock thats on my fence. Weird though....a good thing to check for. A two digit combo isnt nearly as effective as a 3+ digit. Thanks for the heads up anyway

Distinguished Member Array sid1's Avatar
    Mines digital with a key back-up

Mines a fully digital, no key and if someone enters 3 wrong combinations the pad locks out for 30 min so it is virtually break-in proof.

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Mines a fully digital, no key and if someone enters 3 wrong combinations the pad locks out for 30 min so it is virtually break-in proof.
    Mine does this as well. I don't think its break in proof but someone would have to have a while to make it happen and by then the police would have been notified and be on scene!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Man, I'd hate to be trying to get my gun out of that safe, with someone kicking in the front door, in the dark and half asleep. Hit the wrong combo 3 times and have to wait 30 minutes.
    JerryMac likes this.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram25 View Post
    Man, I'd hate to be trying to get my gun out of that safe, with someone kicking in the front door, in the dark and half asleep. Hit the wrong combo 3 times and have to wait 30 minutes.
    This is the reason I sleep with my glock 17 and two happy sticks close by!

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    HKinNY and JerryMac like this.

Nope, mine does not. Additionally, you should always tumble at least four complete turns in both directions when locking.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member
    Mine is so old that it can hardly be opened unless you know the secret, beyond the combination. It's been that way for years, the secret doesn't change. It can't be opened by a man thats a jerk. Oh, that was insensitive I guess.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

Who else is going to know this anyway? It's kind of like those true crimes shows on TV these days....pretty much telling a would be criminal how to do the best job. You just announced your security concern to the whole world. IMO.........you may have compromised others' as well. Please refrain from naming the safe brand or model specifically.

Thzt why i attached an OWB holster to the inside door and leave safe open when i go to bed. Poster pics before
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

simply put...nope...but not all of my guns live in a safe either, i think, in my opinion, no matter how fast you can spin a dial or punch a pad, when seconds count, if your under pressure, point n bang seems a lot simpler.... if 46 rounds, of 40 cal, and 12 rounds of 00 buck cannot buy me time to get the safe open, i am in some deep doo doo !!!!!
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American GI. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

I asked my stock broker the other day, what I should be investing in ....his reply, canned goods n ammo !!!

My safe is biometric with a key nearby. Given we live in a four story home I've got time to get the safe open by either method. With young kids at home I do not have the luxury of keeping my weapons outside the safe.

Take my word on it.......... They ain't ALL in there (wife has her S&W 642 with Crimson trace grips on her side; I have Para-Ordnance P-14 .45, Grendel .380 and 1100 riot-gun with tube extension and Surefire light on my side) just the "extras" are in the safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    Mine does this as well. I don't think its break in proof but someone would have to have a while to make it happen and by then the police would have been notified and be on scene!

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    1,000,000 possible combos and you can only enter 3 per 30 min, you ain't got the time; it's bolted to the floor in a corner so a torch is the only real option; and there 6 1# cans of FFFg stored at strategic locations along exposed side and front, have at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links