Scoping A Taurus 6 1/2 Raging Bull

This is a discussion on Scoping A Taurus 6 1/2 Raging Bull within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hello Members I have not been logged in, in a long time but am here for the good advice like I've recieved here in the ...

Thread: Scoping A Taurus 6 1/2 Raging Bull

VIP Member

Hello Members I have not been logged in, in a long time but am here for the good advice like I've recieved here in the past. This year I am going deer hunting with my revolver. It is a stainless steel 6 1/2, compensated Taurus Raging Bull in a 44 mag. I have not scoped a revolver before and I have come to some maybe problems and I thought I ask here first before I damage my new scope. I have put on a B-Square mount which fits great!. I purchased a Simmon's Pro Hunter in 2-6 x 32 scope which has a good rating above some of the more expensive handgun scopes. I purchase NcStar scope rings but they set the scope low which is why I am here asking advise. These rings will not allow me to move my scope behind the compensated area of my barrel. I like where it sits but it is not worth damageing my new scope. I have not bore sighted or even tryed to vero this revolver in as yet. Do you think the hot gasses from the compensater will damage my scope? If you feel it will, how far behind the compensated area os the barrel should the scope be? For those who are going to tell me get higher scope rings, they are on order. Just in case you are thinking the same way I am but I sure do like where it sits now.
    Attached Images

VIP Member
    If this post is in the wrong spot, can some one move it for me to the right area. Thank you.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Sent a PM

Sponsored Links