Some legal help please.

This is a discussion on Some legal help please. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by atctimmy You sound much more patient and tactful than I. I have found though that squeaky wheels do indeed get greased. So ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Some legal help please.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    You sound much more patient and tactful than I.

I have found though that squeaky wheels do indeed get greased. So when I see something I don't like I going to squeak and squeak and squeak. This will be an introduction to the principal of my squeak early and often policy.
    I learned it the hard way. Sometimes you lose by winning.

A principle who does not like you can make your child's life a lot harder than it has to be.

2. Remove Ads

Tread lightly and tread carefully with tact. Just work with the facts, and communicate the facts without making an accusation or judgments. Nothing is gained with labels. Your children will be inside their sphere of influence many hours a day, and you want to have a strong problem solving positive relationship with the system. The most significant indicator of success for school children is parental involvement, so volunteer, tutor, be a room "dad", help on field trips, help in the office, and be active at the teacher level, admin level, and policy levels. Spend as much time as you possible can being involved in the schools.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    No damages, no retirement. Want to really retire? Contribute real money to a real retirement plan, on a regular basis.

Otherwise, QKS hit it on the head smack on square. His advice is perfect.
    Believe it or not, the purpose behind some lawsuits is not money, but to force an end to a wrong. As much as I despise the ACLU, this case amy be right up its alley as a violation of the America Disabilities Act.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Believe it or not, the purpose behind some lawsuits is not money, but to force an end to a wrong.
    I understand that, OldVet, but the Poster I quoted was implying a Lawsuit would generate a significant settlement (windfall) enough so to retire on. That is the impetus behind my response. I well understand the use and need for "social" suits or the like.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Which is one of the reasons why we decided to home school. We've chosen a lower income (wife not working outside the home) to be able to have more control over the important things.
    When I was a kid we didn't see to much of this. Now, we see it everywhere. In Ohio you can do free online schooling through the state. Glad my kids are out of the school system too. They put in the 0 tolerance thing just a couple of years before they got out. Now mind you that 0 tolerance didn't apply to beating up or treating the special education children real bad but they don't matter anyway do they.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    When asking my lawyer, a few years ago, about her taking a case to over turn a legal document signed by my brother who was subsequently adjudged incompetent, she said that she was not good enough to win such a case and that a lawyer who was good enough would not take the case because there was not enough money involved.

Going after a school district or principal because of a questionable policy is a recipe for disaster. No lawyer good enough to win such a case, would take it because there isn't enough in it for him/her.

My first teaching position in Gary, Indiana,in the 60's, most of the teachers brought guns to school to protect themselves. Times sure have changed.

My last teaching job, in the 90's, our building principal refused to allow metal detectors to be installed at the outside exits/entrances, contrary to the advice of our police councilor, because he did not want parents to think the school wasn't a safe place.

Most school principals I have met have ego and power issues. Butting heads with one will get you nothing but a headache.

"Zero tolerance" policies = a great way to teach kids.... that adults are idiots.
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by accessbob View Post
    Which is one of the reasons why we decided to home school. We've chosen a lower income (wife not working outside the home) to be able to have more control over the important things.
    +1 on this for us.

Our older kids are in school now (partially their choice), but the formative years up through 6th/7th grade were enough to get the job done the right way and lay the foundation...

Home School.

Then you KNOW what the school policies are!
    msgt/ret likes this.

The maximum effective range of an excuse is zero meters.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links