Anyone know anything about this gun?

This is a discussion on Anyone know anything about this gun? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com Pretty nice lookin gun at a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anyone know anything about this gun?

Hi-Point of revolvers...
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

VIP Member
    I have seen them at several gun shows and that is about the average price asked. I have looked at them on occasion and the examples I looked at just appeared roughly made and poorly finished but I have never bought or shot one.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Here's a hint of their quality...

Comanche Revolvers..... - THR

Here is one of the reviews/comments...

"I saw a pair at the Reno NRA convention gun show. That would be...what, 3 or 4 years ago?

Anyways. These guns were for display purposes. So you figure they'd put good ones out, right?

Well these "good ones" looked like they'd been built by drunk chimpanzees. Epileptic drunk chimpanzees. Going through a heroin withdrawal...on a rollercoaster with one bad wheel. Maybe two.

With NO exaggeration, I wouldn't shoot one unless a bench vice and 100yds of string were involved."
    mano3, CLASS3NH and gray ghost like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    Look at the gap between the cylinder and the frame... you could drive a Cadillac through there. (Not one of these new toy Cadillacs either; a real 1960s TANK)

The trigger looks kind of like an afterthought too.. "We're missing something, but I just can't figure it out." "Doesn't it need one of those things that makes the hammer fall? What do you call it... Oh!! A trigger! Let's look through these scraps and see what we can find..."

Looks vaguely like a Taurus 'Large Frame' series revolver, only put together by someone who is blind and has no mechanical abilities whatsoever and just threw a .357 cylinder and barrel on that large frame.

I suppose if someone gave you one you could trade it for a Hi-Point. Well... the revolver and about $300.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

sgb
    Comanche firearms produced in Argentina and marketed by Firestorm imports. -JUNK-
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Run like the wind. You get what you pay for.

VIP Member
    Comanche revolvers are part of the Bersa line. Other than that don't really know much about them. Have never shot or even handled one.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Comanche revolvers are part of the Bersa line. Other than that don't really know much about them. Have never shot or even handled one.
    The Commanches have nothing to do with Bersa. The only thing in common is that both the Bersas and Commanches are imported by Eagle Imports.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

WOW! Thanks guys for the info. I trust what you guys say. Looks like another choice would be in order. OK, how about this one. What do you guys think?
    www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

Thanks,
    Donnie D

Administrator
    That one is better but I'd still go for a vintage, used, Smith & Wesson over a new one of those. With that one you're already at a price that you can pick up a really nice condition S&W used if you're willing to shop around a bit.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array RevolvingMag's Avatar
    Rock Hill, SC- Across Town From Where All the Homicides Happen
    You can pick up an EAA Windicator like I have for right around $300. .38spl/.357mag, brand new for $300+/-. Don't see beating that very easily.

Mine has been flawless for over 1,000 rounds (which I know isn't saying a whole lot for a revolver), but I haven't had any kind of problem with it at all. Only thing I don't like about it is the lack of aftermarket grips.
    "Rock and load, lock and roll... what's it matter? FIRE!!"

"Gun control means hitting your target every time."

Please take everything I say with at least one grain of salt- I am a very sarcastic person with a very dry sense of humor.

Find yourself something like a pre lock S&W model 10-6 and don't look back. You wont regret it.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Find yourself something like a pre lock S&W model 10-6 and don't look back. You wont regret it.
    With a bit of shopping around they are not uncommon to find in the $300-$350 range. Also look for a Model 15, same as the Model 10 but with adjustable sights and still in the same price range.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Well these "good ones" looked like they'd been built by drunk chimpanzees. Epileptic drunk chimpanzees. Going through a heroin withdrawal...on a rollercoaster with one bad wheel. Maybe two.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links