Need help deciding, double-stack full-size 9mm - Page 2

Need help deciding, double-stack full-size 9mm

This is a discussion on Need help deciding, double-stack full-size 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Yep SA XD's are great guns and have so many variations. I agree with others, S&W M&P's are also great choices. I have both guns ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need help deciding, double-stack full-size 9mm

Yep SA XD's are great guns and have so many variations. I agree with others, S&W M&P's are also great choices. I have both guns mentioned and love them. As stated by others the best this to go out and rent or shoot with a friend who has several and see what fits your hand and what YOU like. Only you can decide what is best. We each love different items for so many reasons. Mostly it is what sits in our hands well and is accurate.

May also want to look into refurbished Sig's. Many places have them at a great price and they are on a whole new level. The SIG 226 and 229 are great choices for double stack 9's.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Refurbished Sig's are not a bad option at all, especially from a cost perspective.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

One other entry worth considering is the CZ-75. You can get it in "traditional" DA/SA which allows cocked-and-locked carry, or a decocker model, or SA only. Standard capacity is 16+1. Best of all, the CZ Custom shop is right here in Mesa and Angus will set you up with something nice!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

You betcha'! Great suggestion. Angus knows a CZ like a Bo Weevil knows cotton.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I cannot say enough good things about my Sig 2022. It shoots great and has been completely reliable through 1500+ rounds. They can be purchased for around $400.
    sensei2 likes this.
    NRA Life member
    USCCA member
    A muscle not exercised will eventually atrophy.
    A right not exercised will eventually be taken away!

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    I carry a Springfield XDm9mm compact, 14 rounds with the small mag, 20 with the big one. Suits my needs, might fit yours too.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    This thread has set me to thinking about my 9mm. I have two, both polymer frames -- the Glock and the Kahr. I wouldn't mind having a full-sized, all metal framed 9mm. Right now the CZ-75 in stainless is looking like it might fit my hand just fine.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

There's a lot of CZ75 variants available. The straight-triggered SA, with the same grip-angle as a FN HP, is my sweet-shooting favorite.
    bigmacque likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I bought a Glock 19, shot about 2k rounds thru it and could not force myself to like it. Its that stupid hump on the back of the grip.

OP I LOVE HK's and Sig's. They are an absolute orgasm to shoot.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

of the four you mention, i'd lean towards the Springfield or the Ruger.

recommend you also look at Sig 2022 and the CZ's, which i would prefer even more.

you made your preferences pretty clear in your first post. i really think people should respect your choices and not try to push choices that you've already rejected.

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sensei2 View Post
    of the four you mention, i'd lean towards the Springfield or the Ruger.

recommend you also look at Sig 2022 and the CZ's, which i would prefer even more.

you made your preferences pretty clear in your first post. i really think people should respect your choices and not try to push choices that you've already rejected.
    The Op specifically asked for other suggestions.
    I'd love to hear from anyone that owns any of the 4 guns on my list, along with any other suggestion that are in my price range that I should go look at before making my decision.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    The Op specifically asked for other suggestions.
    I think he might have been referring to the fact that I specifically mentioned my dislike of Glock pistols and there have been several posts suggesting them anyways, considering he himself suggested the CZ and Sig which weren't in my original post.

To the Glock guys who suggest I shoot one, I've shot a G17 and a G19, didn't care for either, I enjoyed shooting both the 92FS and the XD9 much more.

I'll probably be heading over to CZcustom to check out what they have to offer, maybe see if anything feels right in my hand. I'll also check out the Sig 2022. Pretty sure the XDm is a bit out of my price range that I set, last time I saw one in a store I am pretty sure it had a ~$600 price tag, but I definitely like them for the ergonomic feel and incredible capacity.

Also to the person that suggested it, my plan is to go to the range and rent pretty much every gun I end up seriously considering that I have not already shot and put 50 rounds down range with each. I've made the mistake with my LC9 of buying without shooting and I decided I would never do that again.

Ditto on the CZ 75 series of pistols: 75 Compact (safety), 75 D PCR Compact (decocker), the P-01 (decocker), the SP-01 (various), or the strait 75 (various, safety/decock/SA).

Extremely reliable, accurate, excellent ergonomics, widely supported by holster makers.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Bang for your buck it's going to be hard to beat a PT92. This is coming from a Sig fanboy. Those who don't know tend to bash.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links