Need help deciding, double-stack full-size 9mm - Page 4

Need help deciding, double-stack full-size 9mm

This is a discussion on Need help deciding, double-stack full-size 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If I were to wake up in a world tomorrow where Glock did not exist... I would be the proud new owner of either the ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need help deciding, double-stack full-size 9mm

If I were to wake up in a world tomorrow where Glock did not exist...

I would be the proud new owner of either the PPQ or M&P.

I have utmost respect for both as they were 2nd and 3rd place respectively when I was in my search for my daily carry weapon...

Good luck in your quest sir!

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Ended up coming home a few minutes ago with an M&P9. I personally didn't like the PPQ's magazine release lever. It wasn't bad, it reminded me of the USP I used to own, but every other gun I shoot has a magazine release button in nearly the same position in relation to the trigger guard and I prefer to keep things simple rather than have to remember which gun has which mag release where when I am carrying, same reason why I don't carry anything with a manual safety. In the end it came down to the XD9 and M&P9. Shoot almost equally well with both so it came down to ergonomics and the trigger. With the small backstrap the M&P won hands down. The trigger I couldn't really say either "won" the xd had a smoother pull but a mushy break whereas the M&P the take up was slightly gritty but it had a very crisp break along with a short reset. Neither was perfect in that department and I could live with either so the M&P took it based on ergonomics and the 1 extra round it can hold.

Pics in a bit, battery on the camera is dead and I don't want to do it the disservice of a crappy iPhone picture.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links