Glock 19 vs M&P9c today

Glock 19 vs M&P9c today

This is a discussion on Glock 19 vs M&P9c today within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Shot a G19 and M&P9c today. I own the M&P9c and the G19 was borrowed from a friend. was thinking of getting a G19 or ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956

Thread: Glock 19 vs M&P9c today

Glock 19 vs M&P9c today

Shot a G19 and M&P9c today. I own the M&P9c and the G19 was borrowed from a friend. was thinking of getting a G19 or a G23 myself...

I figured if I'm doing the switch over, I need to shoot and see for myself. I carry a G22 for duty, so I thought G19 would be a good off duty gun.

anyways, shot them side by side today. I have to say I couldn't feel a single differnece. Both pistols recoiled the same, felt the same, weighed the same, shot the same out of my hands. during slow fire at 20 feet, both grouped the same as well...

However when I did a rapid fire (5 rounds) which I shoot as soon as the front sight is aimed at my target, the M&P came out ahead. also at 20 yards, the M&P came out ahead as well.

I was shooting slightly high and left with the glock 19. I shot the same pistol before, and didn't have this issue, so I'm not sure what was up with that. M&P was dead on. It actually shot the Winch 147gr ammo REALLY well. I never had it perform this well before (makes me wanna switch ammo from speer 124+ to 147 ammo now)

Anyways, pictures are worth a thousand words, so here ya go...

PS- I think I'm going to just stick with my M&P9c for off duty use since I shoot it so well. for the G22, I will get a conversion barrel, and if I decide to shoot some kind of match/training with it, I'll put a 9mm barrel in it if I don't have .40 on hand.

20 feet slow fire (G19 top, M&P9c bottom)

Glock 19 rapid fire (20 feet)

M&P9c rapid fire (20 feet)

Glock 19 20 yards

M&P9c 20 yards

VIP Member
    I prefer the Glock trigger reset slightly over the M&P, but beyond that they are both fine choices.
    atctimmy likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I prefer the Glock trigger reset slightly over the M&P, but beyond that they are both fine choices.
    same here... but apparently during rapid fire it didn't matter. lol

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    Something happened from slow to rapid, for sure.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Am I the only one that thinks the G19 was actually more accurate during the 20' rapid fire? The M&P has one off target, and another ALMOST off target. All the G19's rounds are in the black.

At 20 yds...well, yep, he shot the M&P better.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by taseal View Post
    Good enough to qualify on the NYPD range...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by OPFOR View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the G19 was actually more accurate during the 20' rapid fire? The M&P has one off target, and another ALMOST off target. All the G19's rounds are in the black.

At 20 yds...well, yep, he shot the M&P better.
    yeah, they're all body shots really, all of those would have worked. I don't think I could have repeated that tight group with the mp9c lol

in the long run, I can't justify spending 400 bucks for a new G19 when the MP9c was just so close, and felt no different while shooting.

oh I forgot to mention the MP9c has apex stuff in it... things might have been little different with the G19 with a better trigger too maybe.

NMB
    I always have thought the MP triggers were leaps and bounds better than glock.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Smith is changing their triggers to incorporate the same reset that is in the shield for the rest of the m&p series.

Both are superior guns, but I sold my M&P for a Glock Gen4 because of the grips. My palms will sweat and then my firearm grip isn't what I would prefer. I also prefer the chamber indicator on the Glock over the M&P. Even though if you always carry chambered you may "assume" it's then chambered. I like it because instead of a visual inspection (where in low lighting it may be a issue), I can just run my finger along the side of the slide and if I feel that bump.... I know there's a round in the chamber.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

I was shooting slightly high and left with the glock 19. I shot the same pistol before, and didn't have this issue, so I'm not sure what was up with that.
    Well.........................................it is what it is I reckon. G22 for duty and G19 for test? IMO......once you're used to the 40, others take a bit of work. Believe me......I've been there. Still am matter of fact. If the M&P works...it works.

VIP Member
    They may both be great pistols but Glockophiles are much cooler people than Smithies. It's something to think about.

My G19 has a fully polished trigger job, 3.5lb LW polished connector, Wolf 6lb trigger spring and 4lb striker spring. Makes a major difference at the range. My M&P40 has the Apex hard sear & safety plunger with a fully polished trigger job. Any gun can be made more accurate by tuning the trigger.

Distinguished Member Array hardluk1's Avatar
    Its to bad that you have to add money to make a even resepctable trigger on a m&p.

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard43 View Post
    Smith is changing their triggers to incorporate the same reset that is in the shield for the rest of the m&p series.
    There's a FINE idea! Early M&P triggers had a quiet, mushy, hard-to-detect reset that felt terrible to me. Is that news coming from S&W?

But in all fairness, MOST modern handguns take something or another to make their triggers feel like...triggers. They come tuned by LAWYERS from the factory!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Links