Rifle Shooting Montage - HD VIDEO

This is a discussion on Rifle Shooting Montage - HD VIDEO within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey everyone, I put together a "mash up" of various rifles being shot, including a AR 15, M4 Carbine, AK 47, M1 Carbine, M1A/M14, Mosin ...

Thread: Rifle Shooting Montage - HD VIDEO

Rifle Shooting Montage - HD VIDEO

Hey everyone, I put together a "mash up" of various rifles being shot, including a AR 15, M4 Carbine, AK 47, M1 Carbine, M1A/M14, Mosin Nagant, Yugo 24/47, a M48, etc.

I can't decide which rifle I like the best, in fact, I don't think I ever will.

Are you the same way when shooting rifles? Do you actually have a "favorite"?

LINK TO VIDEO

2. Remove Ads

Like many, I've shot full-sized and carbine-length AR's, full-sized and shorty/pistol AK's, Mauser K98 and variants, M1 Carbine, M14, Rem700 bolt-action, and lever-action (various).

Overall, lever-action probably. But hits the heart in a different way. Hard to have just one favorite.

Lever-action, for simplicity and reliability. Hard to beat a decent Marlin 1894 or Winchester carbine. The fact they also tend to avoid sending the anti's scurrying for the exit doors is a nice bonus.

M1 Carbine, for ease of use and accuracy 25-150yds. There's something about how it shoulders, points and consistently hits on-target. Perhaps I got a diamond in the ruff, but I've found it to be stellar. Ugly heavy trigger, though, and I've never gotten it jam-free. But it still knocks the pants off most everything else I've tried.

Remington 700, for sheer accuracy 100-600yds. On a Remington 700 SPS Varmint .243 Rem, same-hole and dime-sized groups at 100yds and beyond aren't uncommon, and sub-1in at 300yds are reasonably frequent, even given my marginal marksmanship skills. 600yds has been a bear, by comparison, but IMO that's familiarity with sighting/ranging more than anything.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links