Another great day at the range!

This is a discussion on Another great day at the range! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So got to take some new toys to the range yesterday. I picked up this nice ruger 10/22 with scope and sling used from a ...

Thread: Another great day at the range!

Distinguished Member

Another great day at the range!

So got to take some new toys to the range yesterday. I picked up this nice ruger 10/22 with scope and sling used from a local guy, and bought this used G23 off gunbroker.

IMG_6939.jpgIMG_6941.jpg

Went out to our local public (free) outdoor range yesterday. Invited a bunch of folks, but getting out to a range about 9 30 - 10 o'clock on a saturday morning I guess isn't as appealing to some as it is to others, lol. So ended up being myself, my girl and just one of my good buddies.

We started out at the rifle lanes at 50 yards with the 10/22. This is my first rifle (outside a pellet gun) and after reading so much good things about em I knew I couldn't go wrong with the 10/22. I had heard how fun they were and boy that was true. That thing is sweet! I had 2 stock 10rnd mag and 2 25 rnd mags, had no problems with any thing. We ended up just using the 10 rnd mags mostly. We polished off about 200 or so rounds and then headed over to the pistol lanes.

Set up at the 15 yrd lane. Took out the glock G23, my CZ P-01 and kadet kit. I was pretty excited to have my girlfriend fire the kadet kit with 22lr rnds, the CZ was already her favorite pistol. We shot a little bit of 9mm through the CZ first and then put the kadet kit on and blasted 22 for the rest of the time. Everybody loved it, especially my girlfriend. I found out the sights are a little off though, have to fix that. Also broke out the G23 and ran a couple hundred rounds through it. I actually got outshot a little by my buddy with it, but we both had some real nice groupings with it with the few flyers here and there. My girlfriend had a tough time holding on to the 23, I actually saw it kinda jumping out of her hands a few times. She had a FTF twice, but I'm 100% sure it was limp wristing. My buddy and me never had one problem.

Then we finished off the day by going back to the rifle lanes and having a shooting competition. My buddy outshot us again and won.

I brought 1300 rnds of 22lr and didn't even make it through half, man I love shooting that stuff!! I'm already stocked up for the next trip. Also brought 400 rnds of 40 cal and only shot about 250. I love shooting as much as you want, and stopping cause your done - not cause you ran out of ammo.

It was a great day. We killed lots of paper, lol. My buddy is now in the hunt for his first handgun - a G19 Prob go look with him today.
    Going shooting is GREAT!!
    Attached Images
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

2. Remove Ads

Nice catches!

Love those 10/22s! When you get a few extra bucks, dump those see-through scope rings for proper ones... you'll get your cheek down on the stock where it belongs and you won't have a sore neck from lifting your head so high.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I recently bought the 10/22 takedown for my 11 year old grandson. It was amazing how accurate it was. He never shot before and was in seventh heaven when I took him to the range. We spent all day shooting it. We even did the MRE thing for lunch. A good day to be a grandad.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Nice catches!

Love those 10/22s! When you get a few extra bucks, dump those see-through scope rings for proper ones... you'll get your cheek down on the stock where it belongs and you won't have a sore neck from lifting your head so high.
    Cool, will look into that - thanks for the advice!
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Sounds like you had a terrific day. Those are two great firearms.

Links