Do you wear clean clothes to the range?

This is a discussion on Do you wear clean clothes to the range? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Kind of a strange questions, but yesterday I attended my first IDPA match. As I was getting dressed, I thought, why am I putting on ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Do you wear clean clothes to the range?

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Do you wear clean clothes to the range?

Kind of a strange questions, but yesterday I attended my first IDPA match. As I was getting dressed, I thought, why am I putting on clean clothes? They are just going to get dusty, dirty and smell like gun powder. So I went into the dirty clothes basked and pulled out some dirty jeans, shirt and....well, I did put on clean underwear.

When you got to the range for a match or extended sessions, do you wear clean clothes or put on something already dirty?
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    Clean cloths.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Do you remember the smelly kid in school. If you want to be him, dig your cloths out of the hamper. I take it you're the smelly kid....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I don't give things like that much thought. There're too many other "concerns" for which my limited brainpower is needed.
    pfries likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Clothes get dirty. That's what washing machines are for.

I follow your thinking, but I always try to put my best foot forward. That means a shower and shave with clean clothes as a minimum, no matter what I'm doing.
    bmcgilvray, BamaT and RichB70 like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Administrator
    OK ~ be nice. He is not a smelly kid unless he is off to go shooting. And even then he is just an occasional smelly kid with clean underwear.

That having been said - Since I always wear 100% Cotton all the time and don't like to use CLOROX unless it's absolutely necessary OXICLEAN works really well for getting out traces of powder and smoke residue especially when shooting Black Powder firearms.

I use OXICLEAN and unscented laundry detergent. And...yes, even though I am married I wash my own clothes.

I have a Wife and Life Partner & not a live-in Washer Woman.

CLOROX really shortens the life of Cotton clothing so I try not to use it even on plain white T-Shirts. Which is what I wear most of the time.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member
    You wear clothes to the gun range? Damn... I've been doing it wrong
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Can't remember the last time I changed my clothes. I don't even wear clean clothes...to church. Clean clothes may well be the secret uniform of the New World Order. Don't take the chance!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    OK ~ be nice. He is not a smelly kid unless he is off to go shooting. And even then he is just an occasional smelly kid with clean underwear.

That having been said - I since I always wear 100% Cotton all the time and don't like to use CLOROX unless it's absolutely necessary OXICLEAN works really well for getting out traces of powder and smoke residue especially when shooting Black Powder firearms.

I use OXICLEAN and unscented laundry detergent. And...yes, even though I am married I wash my own clothes.

I have a Wife and Life Partner & not a live-in Washer Woman.

CLOROX really shortens the life of Cotton clothing so I try not to use it even on plain white T-Shirts. Which is what I wear most of the time.
    A bit domesticated, aren't we....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Senior Moderator
    I wear clean clothes. I always wear clean clothes.

I was taught at a young age that if you were going to do something that matters, then wear clean clothes, look sharp, and you'll probably do well.
    If I was taking a test as school, I dressed better than normal. I wanted to feel like I was on the top of my game, I wanted to have a postive mental outlook so I that I could concentrate on the task at hand. It's all about focus.

When I go to the range to qualify for duty weapons, my stuff is clean and pressed. My boots are polished. Not only do I want to feel good, I want to look good.

When I got to shoot, same thing. Back when I used to compete at the local matches, I was sharp and spit polished, at least I started out that way. Most of the time, I certainly didnt finish that way and on more than one occasion I had to knock the dirt or mud off of me before I got into the truck so that I didnt trash it out.

Going out to shoot to have fun, I'll just wear a tshirt and a pair of shorts but it'll be clean and neat.

Besides, life is too short to dress like a skank if you dont have too.There are plenty of others around to do that.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Moderator
    Which is what I wear most of the time.
    I hope you arent wearing those "wife beater" shirts. If you are, my mental imaqe of you just changed, and it aint pretty...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Distinguished Member Array AZJD1968's Avatar
    I wear clean clothes. You know what happens when you wear dirty clothes to IDPA matches???? M&P's malfunction.
    darbo and zonker1986 like this.
    Stop whining and go do something that makes a difference!
    If you think that I may be talking to you, then I am.

Clothes get dirty during the day...so do bodies. That's no reason not to shower and put on clean clothes.
    Besides,I'm sure many of our mothers told us about why you should wear clean underwear. Just-in-case. (Car crash/E.R. etc.)
    When I grew up I had another reason which I couldn't share with my Mom. (Also a "just-in-case")
    " Keep On Packin' On The Bimah"

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar
    Clean clothes and a splash of Hoppes for the ladies at the range.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Why would you not wear clean clothes?

I have clothes that are stained and wore out that I wear when working out in the yard, changing the oil in my truck, etc. but they still get washed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Mike
    Glock 17, Dale Fricke Archangel, Wilderness Tactical belt.
    My Guns and Tattoos Blog

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links