Defensive Carry banner

Bright Sights Sight Paint Kit

4K views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  .45acp 
#1 ·
I recently bought this 5 color sight paint kit from Brownells. It's also available direct from the manufacturer, but Brownells sells it for $5.00 less.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/productdetail.aspx?p=1480&s=5658

http://www.brightsights.com/Merchan...n=PROD&Store_Code=gunsight&Product_Code=50010

The kit consists of five vials of high visibility, non-luminous paint (white, green, yellow, orange & red), a vial of cleaning solution (for use on gun sights before applying the paint), a small artist's brush and a pointed applicator stick.

I used the green and orange colors to repaint the factory white dot sights on my Colt Commander. What a difference! My photo really doesn't do this color combination justice. In daylight, the orange front dot just naturally centers between the rear green dots and the colors are really bright, trust me.

After application, the paint dries sufficiently overnight. Full cure requires about 48 hours, according to the manufacturer. This is an excellent product and well worth the price. Caution: this paint will NOT wash out of fabric, so don't spill on your favorite shirt!

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmm...I'm still having good results with Testors model paints in fluorescent orange and green on two different pistols. No sign of trouble from the cleaning chemicals yet, and I think I've got enough left to redo them a few hundred times if something does go wrong.

#4 ·
I bought three colors (orange, yellow and green) from Charlie of SmartCarry - and found it very tough and lasting.

I used it for instance on my BHP Practical which had the white spots - and is now enhanced with color dots.

#6 ·
I'd asked Vang at Vang Comp's about the unpainted sights on my 642 after he'd finished the trigger job, was thinking of having him paint them before taking it home.

Instead, he suggested cleaning the area well with isopropyl alcohol, then painting the sight(s) with nail polish. I've been carrying it in a pocket holster for over a month & drawn it approx. 75 times now with no sign of the nail polish wearing off.

#7 ·
I have used that product, as Terry has, using the same color scheme and it works very well for me. :yup: I just couldnt see the white dots, but sure can pick out the sights now. I picked up my Orange & Green bottles up in Tacoma this spring, when I was at my property up there. Found a very nice gun shop on Pacific Ave. I dont know if SportCo in Fife has the same products. Never saw any here in Las Vegas, at any gun shop nor at the gun shows. Never tried the wife's nail polish, but of course, she isnt into GOTHIC colors, ha..

John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.