Taking Dad to the range....maybe

This is a discussion on Taking Dad to the range....maybe within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While eating hamburgers and hot dogs on Mon. I mentioned to my dad that it's been a while since I've been to the range and ...

Thread: Taking Dad to the range....maybe

Taking Dad to the range....maybe

While eating hamburgers and hot dogs on Mon. I mentioned to my dad that it's been a while since I've been to the range and plan on going soon. He said he might like to join me and then hesitated because 1) he is 86, 2) he hasn't shot a gun in over 30 yrs., and 3) and most importantly he has a pace-maker - defribilator implanted and is concerned if there would be any harm caused by shooting. He is going to contact his doctor to get an opinion, but I am wondering if anybody here has any experience with someone shooting with a pacemaker-defrib. He's in decent health otherwise for his age. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

As long as your gun isn't operated by microwaves, he should be fine. I wouldn't put any big boomers in his hands, but we've got enough guys at my range with pacemakers competing with .45s. Hope he has fun!
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

That is what I am thinking. I told him as long as he can handle the BOOMS, I don't hink there would be a problem. Still want him to check with his doc for a little reassurance. Thanks for the reply gasmitty.
    We may even ride there on our scooters. He still rides his Honda regularly.

Links