A little bittersweet, but all in all good - Page 2

A little bittersweet, but all in all good

This is a discussion on A little bittersweet, but all in all good within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would have left it dirty and taken it back to the shop and broken it down in front of them and then asked them ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A little bittersweet, but all in all good

I would have left it dirty and taken it back to the shop and broken it down in front of them and then asked them to explain a NIB being range gun dirty. Then I would have asked them how they felt they should make it right?
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Administrator
    It's possible that it could have gotten out of Ruger having missed a final cleaning after test firing. And if it needed to have an extractor properly tensioned (or whatever) it's also possible that it had been fired more than just a few times in order to get everything right.
    Or...for example if it was being test fired and the ejected brass was hitting the tester in the face - it would have needed to have the ejector adjusted and then test fired again.

It has been known to happen with all firearm manufacturers.
    OD* and WHEC724 like this.

Nice looking pistol.

We have two Ruger handguns, the LCP and the LCR. Both NIB and the spent brass was included from the test firing. Needless to say however, both handguns looked immaculate even with the test fire being done at the factory. Plus, we are very satisfied with the quality and performance of Ruger guns. Maybe yours got past their inspectors, stuff happens.

Might want to alert Ruger's Quality Control Department with call or note, that way any future problems can be resolved before the guns get shipped to dealers.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joker1 View Post
    Where was your EDC flashlight? It may be taboo but after you've made sure the weapon was clear shed some light down the barrell just to see.

Enjoy your new pistol, someday I'd like to get a new 1911 and this Ruger appeals to me.
    You can buy a bore light at Walmart real cheap.
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

It's a little upsetting but you spoke to the LGS and they seem honest so I'd let it drop. I'm reminded that even a new car will have a few miles on it since "New" is defined as never having a retail owner. If the price was good, the gun is good, and you are happy with it, I'd say it's a good deal.

OD*
    Congrats on the new Ruger.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    It's possible that it could have gotten out of Ruger having missed a final cleaning after test firing. And if it needed to have an extractor properly tensioned (or whatever) it's also possible that it had been fired more than just a few times in order to get everything right.
    Or...for example if it was being test fired and the ejected brass was hitting the tester in the face - it would have needed to have the ejector adjusted and then test fired again.

It has been known to happen with all firearm manufacturers.
    Bingo, seen it happen on numerous occasions.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links