All over in less the 12 seconds-thinking of carrying un-chambered? - Page 2

All over in less the 12 seconds-thinking of carrying un-chambered?

This is a discussion on All over in less the 12 seconds-thinking of carrying un-chambered? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Looks like a game of gotcha from here. He distinctly said he cound rack in 0.3 seconds. No mention was made of drawing, aiming, firing ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: All over in less the 12 seconds-thinking of carrying un-chambered?

VIP Member
    Looks like a game of gotcha from here. He distinctly said he cound rack in 0.3 seconds. No mention was made of drawing, aiming, firing or anything else. Anyone who cannot rack a slide in .3 definitely needs to work on their game.
    Civil_Response likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Did the clerk have to rack the slide? Sort of looks like it but I can't quite tell. I currently prefer C3 but my risks are different than that clerk's...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Looks like a game of gotcha from here. He distinctly said he cound rack in 0.3 seconds. No mention was made of drawing, aiming, firing or anything else. Anyone who cannot rack a slide in .3 definitely needs to work on their game.
    I know that. But I can't figure out why someone would even time themselves racking a slide from a ready postion.....and post it like it is a world record.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

If you are TRULY concerned about an AD, more like negligent discharge because it won't go off without you pulling the trigger, carrying your gun with a round chambered you need: a better holster (one that covers the trigger guard completely), better trigger finger habits (keep your finger out of the trigger guard until you are on your target).

My carry gun and BUG are both DAO semi-autos with no manual safety on either, both get carried holstered with one in the chamber and a topped off magazine. I have yet to have any kind of accidental or negligent discharge with either, but maybe thats because I have the proper equipment(holsters that cover the trigger guards) and I am properly disciplined in safe handling and manipulation of firearms and know to keep my finger away from the trigger until I am on my target.

ETA: I'll also throw in the mention of, what if you are already hit, lets say, in your arm or hand, how do you plan on racking the slide on your gun now that you are down to one usable arm? Not chambering that round COULD be like signing your own death sentence if you find yourself in the wrong situation.

I guess the question would be, then why did he post it? The video shows the clerk drawing and firing (well, firing. I don't think he stands at the register with his pistol in his hand all day every day). So, claiming that you can rack in .3 seconds has no relevance to the OP's post. I can say my A,B,C's in under 4 seconds. What's that got to do with the price of tea in China? Not a thing. If we can infer that he's talking about going from concealed to racked pistol, than maybe we can guess he has Typing Turret's Syndrome.

In that case, whats the point of racking a slide in a ready position? His comment was just ridiculous.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

I looks as though the clerk had practiced, or at least thought out his course of action: Identify the threat, take cover, get to & draw the pistol, roll over, aim, & fire. Then reposition, & lay down suppressive fire with minimal exposure. If he would have had to take the time to chamber a round, the outcome might have been very different. I must admit that I am always amused reading "arm chair" critiques and bravado from folks who have obviously never been in an actual gun battle.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    I looks as though the clerk had practiced, or at least thought out his course of action: Identify the threat, take cover, get to & draw the pistol, roll over, aim, & fire. Then reposition, & lay down suppressive fire with minimal exposure. If he would have had to take the time to chamber a round, the outcome might have been very different. I must admit that I am always amused reading "arm chair" critiques and bravado from folks who have obviously never been in an actual gun battle.
    No one is criticizing him. It's just his blind firing was rather stupid. Especially after he just stayed on the floor for a while.
    barstoolguru likes this.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Quote Originally Posted by RubenZ View Post
    No one is criticizing him. It's just his blind firing was rather stupid. Especially after he just stayed on the floor for a while.
    agreed; We are all subject to doing stupid things in the heat of the moment but the idea of blindly firing in a general direction in criminal in it self

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Whatever works, but it looks like--unfortunately--all shots missed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Whatever works, but it looks like--unfortunately--all shots missed.
    He did manage to kill a florescent light though.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Just tried it with my EDC (P228)----I am in the crowd throwing the BS flag also. No way concealed with accuracy he could consistently do it in .3 seconds.
    Modified Israeli Mossad Draw (IMD) - YouTube
    Interesting, thanks.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Just tried it with my EDC (P228)----I am in the crowd throwing the BS flag also. No way concealed with accuracy he could consistently do it in .3 seconds.
    Modified Israeli Mossad Draw (IMD) - YouTube
    Even though it's interesting, it is still a two handed draw. What if there is an attacker on top of him and he has one hand holding the guy back; he is screwed !
    tokerblue likes this.

My question for carrying the auto without ammo in barrel, what if you are closely engaged with enemy ( he has ahold of you say, stabbing you), and you are unable to use two hands? How do you work slide with one hand?
    English is my second language, I have been told my use of it is harsh, apologies if this is the matter.

You know what stops a bad guy with a gun? A good guy with a gun

Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    I can rack in 0.3 seconds, so yeah. My odds of an AD would be much greater than my odds of being the guy in the video.
    Provided both arms & hands are available & functioning, which may not always be the case, & if not ... you're SOL!!

So, drawing, racking the slide, & firing takes only 0.3 seconds longer than just drawing & firing? I'm impressed, but call me a skeptic ... I'd need to see vid.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links