All over in less the 12 seconds-thinking of carrying un-chambered? - Page 3

All over in less the 12 seconds-thinking of carrying un-chambered?

This is a discussion on All over in less the 12 seconds-thinking of carrying un-chambered? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ My question for carrying the auto without ammo in barrel, what if you are closely engaged with enemy ( he has ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: All over in less the 12 seconds-thinking of carrying un-chambered?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by _Hawkeye_ View Post
    My question for carrying the auto without ammo in barrel, what if you are closely engaged with enemy ( he has ahold of you say, stabbing you), and you are unable to use two hands? How do you work slide with one hand?

Watch!

Condition 3 - Draw and rack with one hand - YouTube
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    Ive practiced this while training with my unit... we do in fact have to practice drawing both one handed dominant and one handed non dominant as well as clearing Type 1 and Type 2 malfunctions with one hand... racking a slide like that in training isnt easy... and racking a slide like that while fighting with someone or while someone is stabbing you would be damn near impossible...
    OD* likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bmglock23 View Post
    I can rack in 0.3 seconds, so yeah. My odds of an AD would be much greater than my odds of being the guy in the video.
    - I can put my seat belt on in less than 2 seconds. Doesn't mean I can simply buckle up before I get into a car accident.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    Even though it's interesting, it is still a two handed draw. What if there is an attacker on top of him and he has one hand holding the guy back; he is screwed !
    - That's the problem. I haven't seen any videos of the Israeli draw from disadvantageous positions (from their back, fending off an attacker, etc.). I don't know why people always assume they'll be standing without any type of distraction or interference from the BG. It should be noted that they also have a say in how the situation turns out.
    F350_6 likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

I don't get the point. Is it so that the round can't go off on its own?

What if you carry empty pipe, and a full mag, but a round blows up that causes the other cartridges to blow up causing an explosion in your pants? Lol

Sent from my Jelly bean Xoom using Tapatalk 2

VIP Member
    I wonder why he went to the ground; was his gun down there? Could he have moved to the right and stayed on his feet? By going down, he limited his options for cover and avoiding being shot.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I think its a little fear of some how accidentally firing the gun and i think to a point its normal. When i switched from m&p to a glock i carried for a day or two with it cocked but empty chamber. Two days later when it hadn't gone off and i watched some videos i was at ease. To each his own bro. I'm not going to criticize anyone for choosing something differently from me but it is worth checking in to for your safety. As far as how to cock a pistol one handed, every pistol class I've been to went over this and practiced it. The back of your shoe, your holster, your pocket, etc....
    Ps
    Check with lima about force on force training. Soon I'm taking a Suarez class on this to and you well see reaction times are totally different when your adrenaline is so high your hands turn to flippers.:thumbup:
    Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Mattmann View Post
    I think its a little fear of some how accidentally firing the gun and i think to a point its normal. When i switched from m&p to a glock i carried for a day or two with it cocked but empty chamber. Two days later when it hadn't gone off and i watched some videos i was at ease. To each his own bro. I'm not going to criticize anyone for choosing something differently from me but it is worth checking in to for your safety.
    - The fear of a negligent discharge should be a worry on everyone's mind. Which is why one should take there time when holstering a firearm. There's no prize for the quickest holstering.

As far as how to cock a pistol one handed, every pistol class I've been to went over this and practiced it. The back of your shoe, your holster, your pocket, etc....
    - IMO, that training time would be better served practicing proper trigger discipline when drawing a firearm. Practice 100 or 1,000 times until it becomes instinctual to draw with your finger off the trigger.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - The fear of a negligent discharge should be a worry on everyone's mind. Which is why one should take there time when holstering a firearm. There's no prize for the quickest holstering.

- IMO, that training time would be better served practicing proper trigger discipline when drawing a firearm. Practice 100 or 1,000 times until it becomes instinctual to draw with your finger off the trigger.
    Absolutely! This is the basic fundamental that i believe all shooters need to learn. The classes i attended weren't for the beginner so it was understood that we knew this. Also a LOT of negligent discharges I've read about were exactly what you said. Re-holstering. I see a lot of people trying to be fast at this and still don't understand. I think a lack of understanding the firearm and basic safety is the cause of fear in this case.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    if you're not wearing a stiff belt that is not going to work. I for one wear shorts and a shirt and I lot of time no belt (don't get excited; carry in a belly band so weight in in the band and not on the pants) so there is no hard spot to wedge the rear sight on.

Quote Originally Posted by barstoolguru View Post
    if you're not wearing a stiff belt that is not going to work. I for one wear shorts and a shirt and I lot of time no belt (don't get excited; carry in a belly band so weight in in the band and not on the pants) so there is no hard spot to wedge the rear sight on.
    Dropping to one knee and using the heel of your shoe to track the slide or your front pocket on your pants.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I can rack in 0.3 seconds, so yeah. My odds of an AD would be much greater than my odds of being the guy in the video.
    Fine, can you do that under great stress, or with one hand, don't think so.Too many IF'S in the real world.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Dropping to one knee and using the heel of your shoe to track the slide or your front pocket on your pants.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    show me in that video where you would apply your tacticís ?

heck if your idea don't work they can use their teeth

Your odds of short racking it or it jamming while you are diving for the floor are much higher than an AD if you keep your gun in a proper holster and your booger hook off the trigger. Just sayin.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Well... I'll carry one in the chamber ... thanks. If he had not gotten cover , in order to buy him a little time, he would not have been able to do what he did.

Now, how did he miss ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

The clerk spent almost the entire time before bad guys head popped over the cabinet to draw and rack the slide,then rushed his shot missing at almost point blank range,IMHO he may have been more ready to shoot if he had a round chambered he would have had his gun in the ready position and shot the BG,he may have even done better by shooting thru the counter top where BG's torso was instead of trying to hit a 4" diameter circle of his head.
    As far as the spray and pray afterward it olooks like he was shooting where he felt the BG's would be if they hadn't already left,not a good idea,especially if there were customers about to enter that were by the door
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links