New toys to play with

New toys to play with

This is a discussion on New toys to play with within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 003Resized.jpg 007Resized.jpg 008Resized.jpg The first is my CZ 452 American with a Leupold 6-18x40 target scope. Second is a Ruger 22/45 and the third is ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mlr1m
  • 1 Post By mlr1m

Thread: New toys to play with

New toys to play with

003Resized.jpg007Resized.jpg008Resized.jpg
    The first is my CZ 452 American with a Leupold 6-18x40 target scope. Second is a Ruger 22/45 and the third is my unfinished Savage Sr FV with a Boyds Tacticool stock Nikon 3-9 and a Laser sight on top. All are shown with my new Sparrow can. Trying to decide what to do with the Boyds stock. Tru-oil or just paint it gray.

Tried out the can today using CCI standard velocity ammo. Will try out the CCI sub sonic as soon as I can get the time.

Michael
    bmcgilvray likes this.

Distinguished Member
    so.... whatcha gonna do this weekend? :)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

If anyone is curious the tax stamp for the suppressor came exactly seven months after the ATF cashed my check.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mlr1m View Post
    If anyone is curious the tax stamp for the suppressor came exactly seven months after the ATF cashed my check.

Michael
    That is bad news.
    I sent my app in a month ago and they haven't even cashed the check yet!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hmmm...a bit tardy of them to do you like that.

Cool toys for sure!

That little CZ is sharp! I need to quit fiddling around with collectible stuff and stock the safe with a serious adult scoped bolt-action .22.

Tell more about the Boyds stock. Is it wood? I can't tell. If it is then, being an old geezer, I'm rooting for the True-Oil.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

OD*
    Very cool toys!
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    Hmmm...a bit tardy of them to do you like that.

Cool toys for sure!

That little CZ is sharp! I need to quit fiddling around with collectible stuff and stock the safe with a serious adult scoped bolt-action .22.

Tell more about the Boyds stock. Is it wood? I can't tell. If it is then, being an old geezer, I'm rooting for the True-Oil.
    The Boyds stock is a wood laminate. The unfinished wood did not show up well in the picture. Most the folks I've talked to who have used them on their Savage SR FV rifles have gone with either black, gray or camo paint jobs to get that cool tactical look everyone seems to want. However I think a oil finish that is taken down to a dull gloss would look sharp.
    One thing that surprised me on the laser was that I can see it through the scope at night.

On the CZ I hit the jackpot regarding the wood. I asked my local gun shop to find me one and was there when it arrived. I couldn't believe my luck when I first opened the box.

Michael
    bmcgilvray likes this.

You did hit the jackpot on that CZ wood. Very eyecatching!

I'd be tempted to try to oil finish the stock on the Savage if I had it. Maybe after some experimental staining of the wood to try different colors and shades.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Let your CZ be "the pretty one" & make your Savage be pure "rough & tumble". Put a coat of desert tan bed-liner on that Boyds stock and GO GET DIRTY! I'll remind you that race cars & race guns are beautifully...ugly.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Well I found out that the Ruger 22 auto pistol can only fire between 100 to 150 rounds before it needs to have a brush run through it. Seems the suppressor forces all the carbon back into the pistol instead of out the barrel. Now I know to carry a kit to keep it up and running. The bolt guns have no problems. The ammo I'm using is CCI standard. Tried the sub sonics but they did not seem any quieter out of the pistol. Have yet to try the sub sonics in the bolt guns.

Michael

Sponsored Links