Ruger Take Down 10/22 - Page 2

Ruger Take Down 10/22

This is a discussion on Ruger Take Down 10/22 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I looked into this rifle and I must say.. I'm going to have to get me one. I love .22 rifles. My Henry .22 lever ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ruger Take Down 10/22

I looked into this rifle and I must say.. I'm going to have to get me one. I love .22 rifles. My Henry .22 lever is such a joy to shoot and money for ammo just requires looking under the couch cushions and your truck!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by .45acpguy View Post
    This past week, I bought a copy of the October Guns and Ammo. One of the articles that was "teased" on the front page was about the new Ruger Take Down 10/22 rifle.

I had looked at another manufacturer's rifle that was designed as a "Take Down" .22 also but the reviews were not too good. So, I passed on that one.

The article gave a great review of the ten-shot .22 rifle. Ruger has it at an MSRP of $389.00.

I called my local gun store to see if they had any in stock (they do) or if I'd have to order one. They have them in stock and they are on sale for $299.00

The rifle comes with a sort of backpack carrying case that looks very useful. After checking the multiple videos regarding this product on www.ruger.com I also noted that there is a 25 round magazine available, too.

I don't see any downside and I'm looking forward to bringing one home this weekend.
    I have a 10/22 td and I love it. Although I am limited in being able to check it out thanks to it being a pain in the A to shoot around here and ranges are pricey. I put about 300 rounds in this rifle and it had no failures of any kind. Loved it Loved it Loved it.

One thing I did notice is that I was shooting a little high and to the right but to be honest I was there to check out the functioning and reliability in the hour I had my lane for so I wasn't really going for accuracy. But when I put half an effort into it I was dead on at 100 yrds. I hope to get some free time to go back and shoot for accuracy. all in all it is amazing, and if you didn't get it the first time I Loved it. I would also recommend you get some bx-25 mags (which are great in themselves).

Hope you get one and love it as much as I love mine.

One down side though is I believe you can't really mod the TD to much but that isn't something I really look to do so it isn't a big deal to me.

Is it made in stainless?
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Distinguished Member Array airslot's Avatar
    Is it made in stainless?
    Yes. SS & polymer
    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links