Recoil Magazine - "This firearm shouldn't be available to the public" piece (MERGED)

This is a discussion on Recoil Magazine - "This firearm shouldn't be available to the public" piece (MERGED) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "... good reason ... we all know that ... no sporting purpose ..." Language of the usurpers. Many of those who ostensibly "know" haven't given ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Recoil Magazine - "This firearm shouldn't be available to the public" piece (MERGED)

"... good reason ... we all know that ... no sporting purpose ..."
    Language of the usurpers.

Many of those who ostensibly "know" haven't given it beyond a passing thought. It's certainly incorrect to presuppose "we all know."

And to suggest "sporting purpose" as a goal of weaponry is laughable, both for its falsity as well as its pointlessness. Pure spin, implying a "sporting purpose" is the point of the 2A.

My take: they need more shoulder padding and fresh air.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

Ill definitely be letting them know how I feel about their thoughts on this issue. If you would like to also this is their email. recoil@sorc.com
    Ionracas likes this.

I've seen a copy of this "RECOIL" magazine on the news stand. I dont like it. It seems to be marketed to the rich and famous. Most people I know and shoot with sacrifice to participate in shooting. Most of us must save to buy what we want. Recoil is not for a guy like me. However...I have not seen the offending artical, and I'm not familiar with this particular firearm. If it's designed to defeat body armor I find it hard to justify needing or wanting one. Most any rifle will defeat most body armor, if that is for some odd reason what I need to do.

Wow, apparently no one involved with the magazine has been involved with firearms any longer than about 5 years -> before the 2007 Zumbo incident.

The thing that stuck out the most to me was the writer's complete lack of knowledge of firearms laws. No "commoner" would ever be able to own the real deal just because of the fact that it is capable of automatic fire. Also, unless HK ditched the stock and the foregrip, it would have to be sold as an SBR, which is possible for us commoners to get, but still a PITA.

I really hope this stupid magazine doesn't recover from this. I bought one issue at the grocery store once because it featured something interesting. Now I know to avoid it.

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    How do we know it wasn't just an HundK PR flak going on about how superior Teutonic engineering won't be sold to the proletariat American shooter? :P
    Hakkaa päälle!

VIP Member
    I shot off a quick email to a couple of their advertisers, voicing my displeasure on the magazine's apparent lack of regard for the Second Amendment. A couple of advertisers have already withdrawn their financial support of Recoil and I'm sure that by the end of day tomorrow, even more will follow.

Silencers and Suppressors | The Silencer Co. Blog | Recoil Magazine Statement Correction

Absolutely pitiful. Here's hoping they don't last long, and the offending writer is forced to find a job writing about some other topic, like tomato gardening, where his stupidity can't be used by the Brady losers to harm us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peckman28 View Post
    Absolutely pitiful. Here's hoping they don't last long, and the offending writer is forced to find a job writing about some other topic, like tomato gardening, where his stupidity can't be used by the Brady losers to harm us.
    He'll probably get run out of town there by making some asinine statement about how Roma Tomatoes should only be handled by Italian Sous Chefs and are much too serious a tomato for the average person.
    DrahtDog and msgt/ret like this.

Sponsor
    Thank you so much for sharing this! I've spend the last 10 minutes reading the comments on facebook. I haven't laughed so hard all week!

Thanks,
    Clay

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    I shot off a quick email to a couple of their advertisers, voicing my displeasure on the magazine's apparent lack of regard for the Second Amendment. A couple of advertisers have already withdrawn their financial support of Recoil and I'm sure that by the end of day tomorrow, even more will follow.

Silencers and Suppressors | The Silencer Co. Blog | Recoil Magazine Statement Correction
    Great idea, I will do the same. So far I have only wrote a short but really venomous and colorful e-mail to recoil magazine.

Sponsor
    My all time favorite comment on the page.

"Went to the bookstore and layed alll the issues down so they cant be seen...... ;)"---Randy B.

-Clay

The EIC made things even worse with his "justification" - he's also an owner or some such so it's not just a matter of getting rid of a writer.

I just have one question for this soon to be I'm guessing ... unemployed gun magazine's ditsy person. Or if he's connected financially, soon to be out of print magazine.

Out of all of the firearms on the market now just how many wit ah "sporting purpose" only intention's are for sale now; that we all can buy?

Has he ever never heard of firearms designed for "self-defense" = "personal-protection" = "target-shootin" =
    < "insert-intended-usage-here-other-then-for-sportiness-purpose" >???????

I don't know what his background is working with firearms or what his dealings are with gun enthusiast but that magazine ... well they seem to be in a world of hurt now after a visit to their facebook page, and because of this quote slipping through their copy editor or paginators eye without getting a red flag.

Although. This pub could service though if all the tree-huggers get wind of this since they too are of his level of thought. They'll buy onto his train about to derail.

I've never heard of this magazine. I don't ever pay attention to the magazines while in grocery (or the likes) stores but will do now. Could have some fun and hide the issues behind the kitty litter.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links