Springfield 1911A

This is a discussion on Springfield 1911A within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey Everyone, I have been looking to become the owner of a 1911 eventually. As it turns out, I ran into an old friend who ...

Thread: Springfield 1911A

Springfield 1911A

Hey Everyone, I have been looking to become the owner of a 1911 eventually. As it turns out, I ran into an old friend who happens to be selling a springfield 1911a.(45) He says it hasn't even had 1000 rds through it. Its probably 5-8 yrs old. It appears to be in excellent condition (exterior) I will be taking it to the range to give it a test. Assuming it works flawlessly, I'm looking for a price that I shouldn't pay more than. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

2. Remove Ads

sgb
    What model is it?
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar

Good Buy if the price is right

I have a Sprigfield 1911-A1 Mil-Spec in SS that I dearly love. Actually one of the best shooting firearms - in my hand anyway. Built well and looks awesome. I have $750.00 in the one below which was purchased NIB about a year ago:

SA_1911 (2).jpg

Great investment for me..

Regards~
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Ive seen the picture. Looks Black with cocobolo grips. He doesn't know the model, (He's not a enthusiast). I'll see it this week when I test fire it, but I'm guessing it a 1911- A1 Park. Mil Spec

Stainless Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911's go for $650-750 depending where you shop. NIB Parkerized Mil-Specs are
    around $100 less than that. I would go to Guns for Sale - Online Gun Auction - Buy Guns at GunBroker.com and do a search for "Springfield Armory Mil-Spec 1911" and see how much used ones are going for just to get an idea of what his gun is worth. Again, the SS model will be more than
    the parkerized model.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

It really depends on the model, SA has a pretty wide variety.

Also, keep an eye out for non-stock mods when buying any used 1911. A lot of people think they can tinker on them, and it usually isn't pretty.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Links