Glock shoots high?

This is a discussion on Glock shoots high? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just aquired a G26 and got it out to the range today. It came with Trijicon Night sights. At 7 yards it consistently shot about ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By barstoolguru
  • 1 Post By Ram Rod

Thread: Glock shoots high?

Glock shoots high?

Just aquired a G26 and got it out to the range today. It came with Trijicon Night sights. At 7 yards it consistently shot about an inch-1 1/2 inch high. Is this normal for any of you other glock owners? Does it shoot high with the factory sights?

2. Remove Ads

Never had any problems with my G26

can you describe your sight picture?

Might depend on the weight of the bullet you're shooting - if you're using 147s, the 115s and 124s should hit lower.

I put the subcompacts into the same category as snubs, and within an an and a half of POI at across-the-room distances is plenty good for me.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by yz9890 View Post
    can you describe your sight picture?
    I lined up the top of the steel sights so it was flush across the top as far as sight alignment goes. Focused on the front sight post of the firearm. All 3 dots were flush across.

untill you sand bag the gun and take the human factor out; you are the fault

miller_man likes this.

What are you used to shooting. Assuming your sights and sight picture are fine next time think about holding a tighter grip. Sometimes heal of the hand pressure compared to finger pressure will cause consistantly high shots especially if you are used to a gun with a different grip angle. hope this helps.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slidewayz240 View Post
    Just aquired a G26 and got it out to the range today. It came with Trijicon Night sights. At 7 yards it consistently shot about an inch-1 1/2 inch high. Is this normal for any of you other glock owners? Does it shoot high with the factory sights?
    Look at this picture and see if it might describe your problem:

Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I'm gonna take a stab at this despite what the descriptive target says. I say it's in your grip on the baby Glock. Now......I've also experienced a change in POA from factory plastic sights to the available aftermarket night sights and they may tend to cause you to shoot higher. 7yds is about the closest you'll actually want to use the front and rear sight combo precisely like you would at 25yds. Try focusing on the front sight only. IMO....shooting 1-1 1/2 high at 7yds might not be as bad as you might think unless you're doing the head shot. There is also the possibility that you've got the wrong size sights on your baby Glock.
    Since it's your first time out with your G26....you may want to do a little more work with it before you decide if it's the sights or you. Find out where you're at shooting at 10yds keeping the same sight picture....then extend it to 15yds. We'll figure it out I'm sure.
    slidewayz240 likes this.

Im used to shooting a Beretta M9. I got on my Taurus PT111 right after I shot the glock as well and I kept consistent 1 inch group, center mass for all 13 rounds. The Taurus has those straight 8 sights. I can also keep the same grouping with the M9 as well. Ill take the gun out again when I get the chance and re-evaluate my grip on the gun. I did a little research after posting this and it does seem very plausible that with the aftermarket sights the gun would shoot high.

Links