Finally a trip to the range with the wife

This is a discussion on Finally a trip to the range with the wife within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well after a loooonnngg HOT summer, finally got a chance to go to the new range with the Boss Lady (wife). First time shooting with ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ram Rod

Thread: Finally a trip to the range with the wife

Finally a trip to the range with the wife

Well after a loooonnngg HOT summer, finally got a chance to go to the new range with the Boss Lady (wife). First time shooting with her since late spring and her first time at the new range. About a dozen or so other club members showed up and it made for a great and fun day of shooting. We got a chance to shoot everything from .22 cal pellet rifle to various calibers of handguns to a couple of shotguns and even a couple of AR 15's. All in all a fantastic afternoon of shooting fun, and at last a comfortable weather day. Had a great time.

Donnie D

2. Remove Ads

That is sooooo cool! I made a trip to the range today myself..........took an ex-girlfriend matter of fact. We had the place to ourselves for the whole stay. Weather was awesome here as well. My experience with other club members out at the range is similar to yours...........everyone offers others a chance to shoot what they have. One of those reasons I like being a member of a private club. Glad y'all had a good day at the range.

VIP Member
    Glad to hear you had a good time. My wife is starting to warm up to the idea of a trip to the range together. I took her once and she was a little overwhelmed by the noise and atmosphere. But since then she has expressed an interest in going back. This time I'll have her shoot a .22 and also let her set the pace.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Was the weekend for the range huh lol. I went Friday with a few friends to a range we had never gone to. None of them own a gun at the moment but a couple of them have shot in the past. They all loved my sr9c. Have a feeling a few are going to get one in the next couple of weeks. Was a great time by all.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    Was the weekend for the range huh lol. I went Friday with a few friends to a range we had never gone to. None of them own a gun at the moment but a couple of them have shot in the past. They all loved my sr9c. Have a feeling a few are going to get one in the next couple of weeks. Was a great time by all.
    So....they ate up all your ammo? Hey....what are friends for? LOL! A great time is a great time when it's happening. You tell them friends of yours you'll be more than happy to help break in their pistols when they get them and supply the ammo! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    So....they ate up all your ammo? Hey....what are friends for? LOL! A great time is a great time when it's happening. You tell them friends of yours you'll be more than happy to help break in their pistols when they get them and supply the ammo! LOL!
    LOL .. I can't help but to laugh at this since most of my friends show up at the house (range on my land) with their weapon but no ammo since I have a bunch for every caliber. My brother in law does the same but I don't mind it as much when he does it since he'll be protecting my sister and niece.

Sent from my palm device
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    LOL .. I can't help but to laugh at this since most of my friends show up at the house (range on my land) with their weapon but no ammo since I have a bunch for every caliber. My brother in law does the same but I don't mind it as much when he does it since he'll be protecting my sister and niece.

Sent from my palm device
    You see? I know this movie......been there myself. Got to where I supply ammo and others supply the eats. It's working things out before things get forgot to my thinking. LOL! Kinda like friends showing up on Sunday for beer.........it don't last as long as you thought it would. I still got the biggest TV for game day.......they'll make amends before they'll grace my doorbell again....believe you me. LOL!
    blitzburgh likes this.

Indeed. A little give and take amongst friends. I too have the biggest game day TV but that also doesn't mean I'll be supplying the steaks, wings, or ribs.... ah there's those amends!
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Links