Comments to support removal of regulation against EMS carrying weapons

This is a discussion on Comments to support removal of regulation against EMS carrying weapons within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by bigmacque I totally support what you're looking for here, but I did take the time to read some of the comments. What ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Comments to support removal of regulation against EMS carrying weapons

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I totally support what you're looking for here, but I did take the time to read some of the comments. What additional 12 hours of training, from courses that do not yet exist, are being referred to? If that's being written into the language alongside the right to carry it, then I'd have to agree with some of the previous comments: that's excessive and seems unnecessary.

Otherwise, I don't see why you shouldn't carry, in fact can easily see why you should.
    That comment is for a different section of the Regulations, dealing with EMT Instructors. If you read through the whole posted Regulation (boring!) you'll see some sections struck out (deleted) and other sections underlined (newly added).
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    So far there are a BUTTLOAD (as we say around here) of people supporting the removal of the ban, and then there is poor lonely Andy Goddard, the lone dissenter, with his unreferenced OPINION:

Arming Emergency Medical personnel is more likely to INCREASE the danger of them being injured or killed. Emeregency Medical assistance should be limited to preserving life, not shooting people.
    Yeah thanks for that thought Andy. Perhaps I'd like to preserve my own life. Moron.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I am all for removing bans on carry. I would much prefer that the bans simply be removed rather than creating a special class, however. I suspect that you will find that, at least private EMS companies, will quickly make a no weapons policy, assuming they haven't already, unless of course the legislation preempts this. One comment I skimmed through, about 12 more hours of training reminded me of the thread regarding would you endorse a higher level of permit that required more training or thorough background check, etc in exchange for negation of prohibited zones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links