Initial dealings with Sigs customer service

This is a discussion on Initial dealings with Sigs customer service within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; After a weekend of shooting my Sig P250 “NO P250 BASHING PLEASE” I started to develop some light primer strikes which caused a few rounds ...

Thread: Initial dealings with Sigs customer service

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Initial dealings with Sigs customer service

After a weekend of shooting my Sig P250 “NO P250 BASHING PLEASE” I started to develop some light primer strikes which caused a few rounds not to fire. It would fire just fine with a second strike. I have approx. 4000 rounds through this gun without any sort of problem at all until now, but noticed even the fired brass with the first strike that the pin hole was not very pronounced. So during my lunch period I called Sigs customer service and talked to a gentleman named “Joshua Adams”. After explaining the situation to him and answering a bunch of questions, he came back and told me that this firearm was used and was in Sigs shop before due to some extractor issues which I’m not having issues with. I explained to him that I was never told by the local gun shop that the gun was used when I bought it. After some talk he sent me a shipping label for me to send it back and stated that they would take a look at it and get it fixed for me. Apparently Sig doesn’t warranty their used firearms which is kind of a bummer. My understanding is that other gun manufactures warranty covers the gun regardless if it is used or not. Anyway Joshua was very professional and gave me the benefit of the doubt about not knowing the gun was used and is willing to have Sig fix it for free. So far I’m very pleased with the service I received from Sig and hope that they can get everything fixed and get me back my gun.

2. Remove Ads

Good customer service is the key to success in my book. Given the quality of their products, I'm not surprised to see their CS following the same MO.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Most warrenties are for the original owner of a specific time period, but some companies will honor their products indefinitely, regardless of used or not.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

So what about the used part? Some shop sold you a used gun, telling you that it was new?
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    So what about the used part? Some shop sold you a used gun, telling you that it was new?
    Yeah it is one of the best gun shops around Fort Bragg in NC.

Links