Glock 21

This is a discussion on Glock 21 within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I got my answer thank you so much for input (i dont know how to remove posts)...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By minimalbrat

Thread: Glock 21

Glock 21

I got my answer thank you so much for input (i dont know how to remove posts)
    Last edited by bud391; September 13th, 2012 at 11:20 PM.

2. Remove Ads

A. Welcome to the forum.
    B. It's completely possible to conceal a G21.
    C. Assuming you didn't accidentally pull the trigger while you were racking the slide, I would send it back to Glock and have them fix it.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

The obvious question is: where, exactly, was your trigger finger before, during and after racking the slide?

Not to say this was the problem, but it's the first thing to question and evaluate. Might be as simple as basic technique. Might be an issue with the individual gun. Hard to know, unless the obvious is ruled out.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

You might want to get some snap caps. you can practice your slide. You can practice putting one in the chamber and taking it out of the chamber. This will make you much more comfortable and experienced with the gun and it is safe.
    Last edited by minimalbrat; September 14th, 2012 at 12:25 AM.
    Ionracas likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

RKM
    My only guess it there could have been some sort of internal issue keeping the firing pin locked forward. While 99% of the time, ND's are human error, gun are mechanical pieces of machinery that CAN and WILL fail.

If you have trouble concealing the 21, look at the 30 or 36 if you want to keep with .45ACP

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    I would disassemble the slide and check to make sure your firing pin safety and all of it's component's are in good working order. If that passed muster I would take it the range and in a safe direction I would attempt to duplicate the malfunction.

Lastly, why do you only load 5 rounds in your magazines?
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Thanks for the thought and I have tried at the range many times to repeat this action/scenario...never had a problem. And I load 5 rounds because I find that its a quick reload (I only have 2 mags) and I like to see how I am doing so I found 5 shot groups was helpful to make adjustments to how I hold and shoot the gun.

Also, has anyone ever had it where you insert the mag into the grip and the slide releases and loads a round? I had that happen where I hit the bottom of the mag and the slide released. Also seems like something that shouldn't happen on a new gun. I have no bad feelings about Glocks just wondering if its a normal/something done on purpose

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    Try having someone who you know is very experienced and familiar with Glocks and let them shoot a hundred rounds or so through your G21 while you shoot their gun or something. See if they have any problems with your Glock, and see if you have any odd problems with their firearm.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Thanks again to everyone's responses! I will look into this and give Glock a call/email to see what they think!

I've had plenty of G21 mags when inserted would let the slide close. An AD should never happen if your finger is off the trigger.

Distinguished Member
    I'm suspecting an untrained booger hooker was the culprit.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Links